power addiction head, power difference?

HardcoreRMK

Reaction score
Not quebec...A guy at power addiction emailed me he said are heads will run fine on pump if you are in the right elevation for the head..if not it will go into limp mode alot so to avoid this better you could get a fule controler so when you leave from home/the truck to go up in too the mountains it won't go into limp mode so easy...what is there not too understand????

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not quebec...A guy at power addiction emailed me he said are heads will run fine on pump if you are in the right elevation for the head..if not it will go into limp mode alot so to avoid this better you could get a fule controler so when you leave from home/the truck to go up in too the mountains it won't go into limp mode so easy...what is there not too understand????

You just dont seem to get it....... Its not the amount of fuel (controler) its the quality of the fuel. You can poor all the fuel you want to it , but if the octane is to low it will det.

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How about.... all of it :surrender:

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Clearly there is lots not to understand you not going to det because the limited amount of fuel. Detonation is when fuel detonates before the piston is on its down stroke you run better fuel cause higher octane mean less volatile(wont light as easy) making det less possible dumping more fuel wont stop it. I mean if you flood you sled it probably wont det but not really the fix. The 13.1 head is fine here around Edmonton i mean i wouldn't run farm fuel but a good 91 octane will be fine and if it goes into limp mode means it prevented detonation turn it off and star again. Probaly a good idea not to pin it for 2min straight.

R

Ryan Verrecchia

The heads are amazing thanks power addiction...lol

eagle eye

Reaction score
Whats your opinions on whether or not a 12.5 head would be worth it on a 2012 600rmk? I ride mostly in sask so thats probably the most I could go on this sled. If it made 5hp and 10tq more it would probably be worth it for the price. Looking at their site they still claim 10hp under the 600's but i cant see it really and its hard to find info on a 600 with this head?

R

Ryan Verrecchia

Whats your opinions on whether or not a 12.5 head would be worth it on a 2012 600rmk? I ride mostly in sask so thats probably the most I could go on this sled. If it made 5hp and 10tq more it would probably be worth it for the price. Looking at their site they still claim 10hp under the 600's but i cant see it really and its hard to find info on a 600 with this head?

Well the head does add hp not alot but some + tq.....but mostly you see a big difference in throtle response....it would make a noticeable difference from stock...it's better than a can but not as good as both...you should get it..

brutis20

Reaction score
Hey I am not too far from you, run 2500 ft around town and about 6000 ft max in the hills. I had the 13.1 and run shell 91 octane non ethanol fuel and it ran fine up and down in elevation. I personally did not notice the gain everyone else did but never the less it did still run good, no det at all. If thats where you will be running around PG and the surrounding mountains you will have no problems with det. It actually never even got close on my sled but I did add a few grams of weight off the hop (I think I was around 68g with MDS weights), RPMs were always good (8050-8100). I actually removed it and sold it just to keep stock and warranty simple but it seemed like an ok product otherwise.

Dont have to run a fuel controller thats just jibberish.

Running a lower comp head up high doesnt hurt anything, you just wont see the performance numbers that a head designed for that elevation would see. Vise versa say running the 6000 ft + head at sea level may cause some problems...

eagle eye

Reaction score
Ya i'm not a believer in a can adding hp on a 600 sled, but thats just my opinion. I figured the head should add a bit of power in the flatland where i normally ride, and realistically probably some gains in the mountains just not as much as the 13.5 head. More compression always makes more power, was just curious how realistic the numbers were. Probably worth it for the price they are asking just to crisp up the throttle response and add a few ponies to a already stout (for a 600) motor.

Top Bottom