Poll: Who would like to see a warming cabin at Silent

mcridge

Reaction score
Okay, seeing as all the new posts got deleted, i'll restart this one.

Seeing as us as snowmobilers are not that welcome at some of the huts in the valley, another option should be found to acommodate some of our needs.

Who out there would be interested in contributing some time, money and building supplies to a warming hut in the Silent Pass area?
Please only answer yes if your serious about it. If there is enough demand out there then we should get together and talk to the Golden snowmobile club and see where to proceed from there.

I'll start: I

snowgood

Reaction score
I have a enterprize wood stove /oven that I would donate too the club,she weighs about 500 pounds :beer:

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I woud be more than happy to offer my time to and effort to build a cabin up there
Even if it was at the bottom where the waterfall area is kinda between the road and top or up top...whereever
RP

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one of my favorite riding areas, would help where possible:beer:

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would help. That's such a long ride at the end of the day. A cabin would great.
Figure out what the hoops are and let the fund raising begin.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cabin... baaaah!! i say. Keeps all the sissy's out :d

heck i remember riding there on my 92 polaris 500 before it was even groomed. you would ride that all the way in whooped up in hopes you made it through the trees, let alone the waterfall.

whatever happened to riding caribou and bald mountain eh? good riding in there.

mcridge

Reaction score
Now how do we get this to come up as a poll like it did last time?
Come on people, 6 replies???????? You can't tell me that of all the people that ride up there.....only 6 people want to see a cabin? Or is it a fact that most people would be to busy?????? I'll bet you'll appreciate it and use it after you rode for a half hour to get there when it's -20?

merv jennett

Reaction score
cabin... Baaaah!! I say. Keeps all the sissy's out :d

heck i remember riding there on my 92 polaris 500 before it was even groomed. You would ride that all the way in whooped up in hopes you made it through the trees, let alone the waterfall.

Whatever happened to riding caribou and bald mountain eh? Good riding in there.

a cabin would be great however grooming is somtimes very poor

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, seeing as all the new posts got deleted, i'll restart this one.

Seeing as us as snowmobilers are not that welcome at some of the huts in the valley, another option should be found to acommodate some of our needs.

Who out there would be interested in contributing some time, money and building supplies to a warming hut in the Silent Pass area?
Please only answer yes if your serious about it. If there is enough demand out there then we should get together and talk to the Golden snowmobile club and see where to proceed from there.

I'll start: I

building a cabin is the easy part, other than getting the materials to the site(heli), getting permission to do so and maintaining it is the tough job.

where do you think the wood for the stove will come from? not an easy job when you have to carry it by hand or heli drop a few cords.

as a local i would prefer not to see a cabin in the alpine at silent. all it does is attract garbage and more work for the very few vollies that keep these areas going.

what's wrong with digging a pit in the trees and having a fire to warm up?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a cabin would be great however grooming is somtimes very poor

poor grooming into silent? you ever ride to silvermines where there is no grooming? if not please do so and you will never complain about poor grooming again.

mcridge

Reaction score
I think by far the easiest location would be right at the end of the road where the groomer turns around. It would really keep the costs down. Drive all materials right in to the site in the summer. Its not the most beautiful location but it would serve the purpose.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think by far the easiest location would be right at the end of the road where the groomer turns around. It would really keep the costs down. Drive all materials right in to the site in the summer. Its not the most beautiful location but it would serve the purpose.

If you put it down there, people will have to do the climb through the trees 2-4 times per day instead of once, beating out the trail faster and making lots of bottlenecks with people going up and down.

but, you're right, way easier to get materials in.

Last edited:

CB1

Reaction score
I'll be honest, Silent is one of my favorite places to ride. It has never bothered me before that there isn't a cabin there. Actually there is if you know where to go. Or is that closed for sledders now? I've never used it. I've sledded in Quartz numerous times, and honestly have stopped once at the cabin to check it out. We have had some great gatherings on the ride out of silent with a pit and a fire. Nice and cozy and warm. Sorry guys honestly I am not in favor of one.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest, Silent is one of my favorite places to ride. It has never bothered me before that there isn't a cabin there. Actually there is if you know where to go. Or is that closed for sledders now? I've never used it. I've sledded in Quartz numerous times, and honestly have stopped once at the cabin to check it out. We have had some great gatherings on the ride out of silent with a pit and a fire. Nice and cozy and warm. Sorry guys honestly I am not in favor of one.

Yeah its thoose socked in days or real wet days or real cold days is when the cabin is a great thing,, I always hit silent in good weather lol...

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That what i think. getting supplies up top will be a nightmare. Building a cabin just above the spot where the groomer turnaround is the practical part and easier to get to in the summer. they didnt build one at the top of Quartz did they. and thats in a great spot :eek:
Also I think there would be a paper trail as long as the road up there to get he cabin up top
Just my thoughts
RP

Top Bottom