Police Ride in Ministik

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tri-County invited the County of Strathcona R.C.M.P. and Special Constables to ride at the Capital City Toy Ride (or Santa Ride) on January 28/07. At the end of the Toy Ride the Officers expressed an interest for a ride through Ministik Park. That meeting took place on Wednseday February 7/07.

A joint ride between Tri-County and Fort Saskatchewan Clubs invited the County of Strathcona R.C.M.P. and Special Constables (See pic) for a ride through the Ministik Trails. This ride was an OPEN ended ride to review everything from;
-- trails system
-- trail signage
-- multi-users and how it effects the trails and other users.
-- 30 year old access points into the park that have been closed lately
-- access corridors off Cooking Lake to Ministik (RR214)
-- proper grading for entire parking lot #33 right back to the posts and to the grass.
-- it had to come, you knew we were going there.... NOISE... after market pipes... RCMP biggest complaints about sleds (and all ATV's for that matter).

So how to work together and maintain the park for all users. Remember they are paid to do a job... Your complaints must be addressed to the Councilors and Administration of the County of Strathcona in order to get changes or benifits to sledders.

I will be in contact with both County of Strathcona R.C.M.P. and Special Constables to find the proper contacts (Add to this thread as I get them) for us to send letter and requests.

Meeting are just underway to readdress motorized vehicles in the County of Strathcona and hopefully address sledding corridors off Cookin Lake to Ministik and the Fort Saskatchewan trail system.

Please add any comments to this as we are all working at finding proper solutions and many heads/hands will find the right solution. Many of you are riding from Cooking Lake so we need to hear your complaints and solutions you see. (remember this is a public form).

Take care and safe riding
Brian

Last edited:

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RCMP Truck/Sleds

I thought it might be appropriate to intoduce you to the County of Strathcona R.C.M.P. and Special Constables. But as there are so many people and so little time I will show you there vehicles (see pic) and let you introduce yourself to them.

Remember they have a job to do and if you are not breaking any laws then stop by and introduce yourself. The more sledders get to know them and respect there position the better off we all are.

Just make sure you ride with the following:
-- factory exhast (noise $300.00 fine).
-- Licence Plate with a valid year sticker
-- Insurance - Pink Slip
-- No booze or other substances.

We had a great day riding and talking with them.

So stop them and say HI

Last edited:
Top Bottom