Polarized goggles

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with polarized vs non goggles? On that note, tint color of goggles, any opinions??

Thanks!

Korey

Reaction score
Agree yellow or orange lenses if to bright for clear they bring out the terrain best. no experience with polarized lenses

CalWal

Reaction score
I like Red polarized ones that are big. I have Dragon NFX and they are great. even on a ****ty day when there isn't a lot of light you can still see everything great

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear blue tint on sunny days and orange tint on really low visibility days. Have never tried polarized.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Switched to polarized two seasons ago and won't go back. Have Habervision highline eliminators and just switched out the vermillion colour for orange. They have a mirror finish so they are good in the sunlight as well as low/flat light.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polarized are for sunny days, they keep the suns glare from comes in the googles to your eyes. Non polarized are for the opposite. That being said you can use both versions for whatever conditions. Myself I have used smoke, orange, and yellow. I find the yellow non-polarized the best overall. The only downfall is blue sky days, they can be very bright. But everyone's eyes are different. Rose/red is another popular color for low light.

also for glasses people, some polarized google don't like some makes of lenses and really screw with you vision. Depth perception and perennial vision.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rose colored lenses for me. dragon vendetta. Work awesome

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use yellow tint non polarized 99.9% of the time. They are a fantastic all around lens. On extremely sunny days I have dark polarized lenses (late season) that I will sometimes use. They are 509 if that matters.
Polarized lenses are good for taking away glare but they also make it harder to identify ice. During the late part of the season when the snow can have that ice crust on top it can be harder to recognize the transitions in the snow conditions ahead of you. Just food for thought.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Scott Goggles with polarized lenses, and Pro Grip Goggles with polarized lenses, and I like both, but not very good on crappy days. I find them to dark, so its hard to see. But I like them both on the SUNNY days. On those days when its low light or snowing, I use my 509 Sinisters, regular lenses and they work great.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use two pair- a set of Zeal polarized (light sensitive) - they NEVER FOG. On days with flat light, we use 509's with a rose or yellow tint - they DO fog lol. Love the light sensitive polarized Zeal goggles, but they are spendy. Good vision in sun, snow, & cloudy conditions.

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So heres another question to throw into the mix... I like the aviator style goggles simply due to a wider field of vision, not saying all goggles restrict but from trying on thus far...

Question is,... do the anti fog fan setups actually work and are they worth the 60 bucks??

marshalldemp

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the polarized. I have found yellow or red to work best on the low light. When the sun comes out I use arid (chrome) with the yellow tint. The 509 have a few good options. I seen a few guys rocking pink tint on socked in days. Once I made the switch to polarized it's hard to even look at the other googles. Makes the terrain way more defined IMO. Let's be real though it's about looking good right

marshalldemp

Reaction score
So heres another question to throw into the mix... I like the aviator style goggles simply due to a wider field of vision, not saying all goggles restrict but from trying on thus far...

Question is,... do the anti fog fan setups actually work and are they worth the 60 bucks??

Im not a fan of the fan! Just didn't work real well for the $$$

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The fan works well on my habervisions. Almost impossible to fog them up and if I do they clear quick.

Top Bottom