Pitbull tires

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wonder if anyone knows of a dealer for pitbull atv tires. And or if you've run them and how do you like?
Thanks

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to each there own but I think too heavy of a tire... for fast trail riding and cornering... for mud there is better... and lighter too.... I mean if you don't care about slowing your quad down with heavy tires and not re clutching to bring back what you lost, then it really does nt matter... I mean we all get from A to B... lol

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm quite sure that rapid revolutions can order them for you but I have heard that they aren't that great of tires. For the weight and price of them there are better tires for cheaper that weigh less. I wanted a set myself but after talking to quite a few people and Kevin at rapid I was convinced that they aren't the best choice.

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys for the input so far.
Next question or just me ranting a little, why the beep are so many guys so worried about the weight of these tires, what I like about them is the aggressiveness of the lug patterns, the fact that they are a 8ply (which is a tougher carcass, harder to get a flat)
And I'm guessing that outlaws, black mambas or any of those giant mud tires that most people seem to run lately aren't light by any means either.

I'm wanting to see the pitbulls in person to see if I like the look of the lug pattern in person, otherwise I'm probably going to run my fav's maxis bighorns.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they are heavy and so are other tires. But the other tires that are heavy outperform the pitbulls and they are also very tough tires. It's rare that you hear about a silverback or outlaw go flat or get a hole poked in them.

I guess the argument is that if you're gonna run a heavy tire, why not have the tire that performs better and costs less at a similar weight.

It is up to you completely and they are a great looking tire this is just what I've found from my own experience and talking with others.

Puffer99

Reaction score
I had Pitbull Growlers on my Rhino and they were awesome! Definitely not a pure mud tire le the outlaws ect. But if Bighorns are your fav's then your not looking or a mud tire. They did great in anything with a hard bottom and climbed outa holes better than any other tire I've had. On rocks and logs they hook up like no other!!! Its nice not having to always worry about slicing our sidewalls in sharp roc like the others. Pitbulls are very tough!!!I ordered mine from 2koolperformance.com

Last edited:

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had pitbulls growlers 27.5 on my commander by far the best performing tire I have ever had and I didnt notice hardly any power lost! For all around trail riding they are great and also work awesome in the snow!

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Puffer99, rzrgade, and bjd68 for the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tvdave

Reaction score
A buddy of mine runs 27.5 pitbulls on his 2009 renegade 800. They work awesome in most terrain & snow. Not a real deep mud tire, but a real good all around tire. They seem to last quite well also. Unless you are racing your bike, or trying to squeeze every bit of power out of it, the tire weight should not be a huge deal. They are only slightly heavier than other quality tires. Slightly expensive but a great tire.

Top Bottom