Piston and plug reading

corey.greene

Reaction score
Put some new Pistons in at the beginning of the season. Have about 300miles on them and figured I'd take a look at the wash and see what's happening. I'm kinda new to piston wash but figured snow and mud would be able to point me in the right direction. :) Attached are some pics. Please let me know what you think.

Spark plugs have about 30miles on them.
cc58c7deafcec1b640669c2331f39819.jpg

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks bang on, I personally would get it a touch richer. But there is nothing wrong there. Plugs are great.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know that I would have gone through that much trouble. Reading the plugs alone would have sufficed. Bolt the heads back on and ride her.

corey.greene

Reaction score
I wouldn't have usually went through all that trouble but she has a boog/stumble when I get on her WOT on a pull up hill in deep snow. I have a PCV and am running the slp stage 3 map. Already added about 2% fuel to the top end figuring that would fix it but she was still doing it. (She has a 13:1 head, can, slp blue pink spring and Polaris 11-62 weights). Do you guys think it could need more fuel at 100% throttle or should I be looking elsewhere?

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have usually went through all that trouble but she has a boog/stumble when I get on her WOT on a pull up hill in deep snow. I have a PCV and am running the slp stage 3 map. Already added about 2% fuel to the top end figuring that would fix it but she was still doing it. (She has a 13:1 head, can, slp blue pink spring and Polaris 11-62 weights). Do you guys think it could need more fuel at 100% throttle or should I be looking elsewhere?

little more information starting to leak out. You could start there. You know that she's safe with the map you have and adding a little fuel at the top could just be the ticket. Easy enough to do the PCV. If that cleans it up your golden. if not it's easy enough to go back. and look elsewhere.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good internally. You could check for excessive throttle cable play.

Top Bottom