Parts swap from M8 to Crossfire 800

Cross Cat

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I was just wondering if there are major differences between Crossfires and M-Series sleds when it comes to swaping parts and components? Other than length are these machines the same for the 2009 model year? Will most aftermarket parts for M-Series sleds work on Crossfires such as exhaust systems, reeds, clutches, etc...? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I was just wondering if there are major differences between Crossfires and M-Series sleds when it comes to swaping parts and components? Other than length are these machines the same for the 2009 model year? Will most aftermarket parts for M-Series sleds work on Crossfires such as exhaust systems, reeds, clutches, etc...? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Pretty much the same sled. Drivers are different, clutch caliberations and diamond drive ratios are different, wider ski stance, longer rails / tunnel / cooler. I do believe (but not positive) that compression ratios are the same, but timing and ecm caliberation are different as well. Pipes, reeds, springs, weights will bolt on if the aftermarket says so. Please bear in mind that most pipes made for the M-series are too "tight" for flatland and low elevation use.

Tsalmo

Reaction score
I have a 08 Crossfire 800 and did a "M8" conversion( not exactly a M8) changed the track, drive shaft with drivers, M8 skis that's all you need to get the bigger track but you can change the gearing and clutching to match better

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't take much to make a 141 version of an m out of these, my 2010 std I added 2.25 track, telescoping bars, and new style mountain seat. Next on my list is putting in my two wheel kit and toss on some powder pros.

Top Bottom