Order a new truck

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey any one ever had a new truck built for them? I need a new truck as the one I have a Chev 2500 is no longer up the job (and is getting old to) have switched from dirt bikes and sport quad to 4x4 quads and a larger trailer so now I need a 3500. The truck I need for various reasons is a 3500 regular cab single rear wheels and these are not available if you don't want a W/T model and would like some comfort options. Will likely be a GM or Dodge with a 6.0 / 6.2 gas. Was talking to a Dodge dealer and he said about 2 months to build. Does any one have any experience with this how long did it take?

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy at work just ordered a new chev 2500 and it took a little over 2 months. sounds like this is pretty normal

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also depends on your order date, and especially color choice. when I custom ordered my truck it was almost 4 months, when I ordered in may they were still building '05 models but because I wanted a fleet color I had to wait until they switched paint in the assembly line to that color. because that didn't happen in the '05 model run (which apparently ends in july), they had to build and sell me an '06, it came in september.

Top Bottom