OnStar

GRD

Reaction score
My free subscription to OnStar is going to end. I am probably going to re-subcribe, just wanted to get some feedback and see who uses it and what the likes and dislike are.

Thanks.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do the safe and sound package, locked my keys in my truck enough times it has paid for itself for the next couple years. I also like the tracking deal and engine disabling feature if your truck gets stolen.

just a note...if you let your subscription run out or cancel it, it cannot be activated again unless you are in your vehicle to press the button. so don't let it run out, and then call to have your doors unlocked. it cannot be done....

• Thanks
Reactions: GRD

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I let mine lapse after the free year....I think I used the phone once, just to see if it worked. For whatever a month....I can get a lot of keys cut, pay for locksmiths....I just keep a key hidden on the outside anyways.

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just renewed mine for $198.00 for the year - $16.50 per month

You can also have unlimited north america calling for $9.95/month.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well WTH...for under 20 bucks I might have renewed....their flippin website sucks....I know I read more than that which is why I said F it.....

edit: found it... 24.95 per month....I'm still gonna take a pass. I'm cheap I guess. LOL.

Last edited:

GRD

Reaction score
I will probably go with the safe and sound... I am surprised teeroys is 19. With tax it will be $26 a month for me.

Last edited:

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pay $17 something with taxes. Was $26, pushed the button to cancel and they dropped my rate plus gave me 100 free phone minutes. I'd like the unlimited calling for $10 how did u get that.

• Thanks

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's just a gizmo that plugs into the Onstar modual that gives you bluetooth in the truck so you can use your own phone....use all the Onstar buttons to control it. Not really a replacement for Onstar. Oh...and its 279 bucks...not really the cheapest bluetooth hookup. LOL. (plus...most of the new trucks have bluetooth already..mine does)

• Thanks

BlueStar 2010

Reaction score
Onstar fees are just way too high. Think of all the GM, Chevy, Buick, Pontiac, Hummer vehicles out there that have the Onstar units, but owners are not using them. ****We have a solution so that those owners can utilize their Onstar equipment with their cell phone.BlueStar 2010I am the Canadian Distributor for a product called Blue Star 2010. ********BLUESTAR 2010 is an integrated communications system designed to allow bluetooth communications in your GM vehicle. It works by utilizing the onstar equipment in your vehicle (microphone and mirror keypad) to communicate to a hands free car kit which connects to your cellphone.****There are NO EXTRA CHARGES to pay EVER. You use YOUR phone with YOUR minutes as you see fit.****Better yet, the BLUESTAR is invisible in your vehicle. There are no wires to run, no speakers to install, no microphone to route, and no ugly chrome keypad glued to your dash. And since the BLUESTAR takes advantage of the high quality sound equipment already installed in your vehicle, the audio quality is far superior to other bluetooth options including car kits and headsets.****Make calls, answer calls, mute calls, and transfer calls all using the existing onstar mirror buttons. And if your phone is equipped with voice dialing, you can do it all with the touch of a button.********Distributed in Canada by Kreitz Holdings Ltd.www.bluestar2010.combriankreitz@gmail.com

Top Bottom