One more thing in Valemount to piss off the Alberta travelers.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As soon as I notice ppl flashin me their brights I then know for a fact its time to readjust the headlights, as I myself hate getting blinded as well.

go green

Reaction score
I like seeing better at night just as much as anyone but I just can bring my self to buy those LED lights . I think they need to lower the voltage on low beam for driving in traffic because they are way to bright !!! You end up flashing some douche-bag because you think his high beams are on and then get flashed yourself. (you think this old for the douche-bag because he has to do it 15 times a night )
I don't care if you have three CN rail way lights on your truck that will light your hair on fire if you stand to close to it , just have a respectable low beam for two way traffic.. Rant over

Relic

Reaction score
I think the factors need to put air ride in all 3/4 , 1 tons like the big riggs and no more trouble as you load it up it levels it self. I would sure like to find a kit that i could but in

Reactions: LBZ

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like seeing better at night just as much as anyone but I just can bring my self to buy those LED lights . I think they need to lower the voltage on low beam for driving in traffic because they are way to bright !!! You end up flashing some douche-bag because you think his high beams are on and then get flashed yourself. (you think this old for the douche-bag because he has to do it 15 times a night )
I don't care if you have three CN rail way lights on your truck that will light your hair on fire if you stand to close to it , just have a respectable low beam for two way traffic.. Rant over

I put a set of LED in my truck, love them, best investment I have made. I am spending 12 plus hours a night in the dark right now, after putting the LED's in I am much fresher at the end of the day, no more headaches. I was dilligent setting up my lights, took me 4 days to get them where I was happy. I had to continue to lower them. When I installed the LED's I lowered my stetting one full turn with the screwdriver before they saw the dark. That wasnt enough, but the time I was done I think I turned the setting screw in a full 2 turns. My halogens were set very well, I never got a flash, but it was still a full 2 turns before the LED's wern't glaring the oncoming traffic.

One thing that allot of civilian drivers cant comprehend is when your traveling allot on busy resource roads a good low beam is imperative. I spend atleast 30% of my night on low bean and meet easily 100 plus trucks on the resource roads. The roads are narrow but two lane traffic, average speed is 80 kmph, there isnt much room for error.

Once you have them set they are incredible on low beam, nothing better. On high beam combined with my Sirius HID DOT approved driving lights it is a much nicer night and I feel much safer on the road.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the factors need to put air ride in all 3/4 , 1 tons like the big riggs and no more trouble as you load it up it levels it self. I would sure like to find a kit that i could but in

If you have airbags installed on your truck, adding a leveling valve is a pretty simple job, but you bring up a good point, I wonder why somebody doesnt have a kit out there already.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just did the "ALL ON" mod, (5mins) I made it so my dims and fogs are "ALL ON" when I hit the brights. Very sweet and super easy mod for my D-Max

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Custom trucks express that you are an Individual and have a passion for automotives. U should get your mind out of the gutter and stop think about a males member then

LOL
What? English please.
I appologize..it would appear i've hit a nerve.... and its obvious which one.
Don't kill the messanger.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sec 4.05 deals with headlights and their aiming.http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bc...icle Act Regulations/26_58_01.xml#section4.11

Once you have them set they are incredible on low beam, nothing better. On high beam combined with my Sirius HID DOT approved driving lights it is a much nicer night and I feel much safer on the road.

Sorry Stomper, doesn't matter if the pope himself blessed your driving lights, they can only be used in lieu of headlights in foggy conditions.
BC MVA Regulation 4.11(4) The operator of a vehicle may use fog lamps instead of headlamps when atmospheric conditions make the use of headlamps disadvantageous.

Fought this battle last year with the RCMP Robson Valley Traffic Service, bottom line is the law is the law.
It is also the law in AB, just not as vigorously enforced.

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sec 4.05 deals with headlights and their aiming.http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/LOC/freeside/-- M --/Motor Vehicle Act RSBC 1996 c. 318/05_Regulations/28_26_58 Motor Vehicle Act Regulations/26_58_01.xml#section4.

Sorry Stomper, doesn't matter if the pope himself blessed your driving lights, they can only be used in lieu of headlights in foggy conditions.
BC MVA Regulation 4.11(4) The operator of a vehicle may use fog lamps instead of headlamps when atmospheric conditions make the use of headlamps disadvantageous.

Fought this battle last year with the RCMP Robson Valley Traffic Service, bottom line is the law is the law.

Not sure where your getting your information from, but I know for a fact your are allowed one pair of uncovered dot approved driving lights on your vehicle as long are they are properly wired to only come on with your high beam switch. You are also allowed to have one pair of approved fog lights which can be wired to run independent of your head light switch, but only one pair or the other can remain uncovered at any time.

You can take that to the bank.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sec 4.05 deals with headlights and their aiming.http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/LOC/freeside/-- M --/Motor Vehicle Act RSBC 1996 c. 318/05_Regulations/28_26_58 Motor Vehicle Act Regulations/26_58_01.xml#section4.11

rereading your post, why would anybody want to run driving lights in lieu of your headlamps? Thats just plain stupid, of course you want to use your high beams as well as your auxilliary driving lights. Fog lights are a totaly different story, there are occasions you would want to run your fog lights with no headlights on.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sec 4.05 deals with headlights and their aiming.http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/LOC/freeside/-- M --/Motor Vehicle Act RSBC 1996 c. 318/05_Regulations/28_26_58 Motor Vehicle Act Regulations/26_58_01.xml#section4.11

from your link, section 4.09

[h=4]Auxiliary driving lamps[/h] 4.09 (1) A motor vehicle may be equipped with 2 auxiliary driving lamps, mounted on the front of the vehicle at a height of not less than 40 cm and not more than 1.06 m, that are capable of displaying onlywhite light.
(2) An auxiliary driving lamp must be directed so that the high intensity portion of the beam is, at a distance of 8 m from the lamp, at least 12 cm below the height of the lamp and, at a distance of 25 m from the lamp, not higher than 1.06 m from the road surface.
(3) An auxiliary driving lamp must operate so that it is illuminated only when the upper beam of a multiple beam headlamp is illuminated.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give it a try in Valemont and let me know how it ends. What you say so far is right, but act continues on to say when you can legally operate the lights previously described. You will get a ticket in Vtown, it's the law they use to charge you (4.11.4). They have a hard time convincing a driving light isn't a fog light. Not arguing about you being right just saying that they'll ticket you either way, and leave it up to you to prove different.

Last edited:

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That being said, Just wondering why most new vehicals that have fog lights from the factory only work on the low beam setting ?

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Driving lights in conjunction with high beam is legal. Fog lights can only be used when weather conditions are met, and then instead of headlights. Mystery why they sell illegally wired headlight system, but wonder what dealerships have to say.

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Driving lights in conjunction with high beam is legal. Fog lights can only be used when weather conditions are met, and then instead of headlights. Mystery why they sell illegally wired headlight system, but wonder what dealerships have to say.

Wired for the US. Even Class 8 vehicles are not wired to Canadian Laws.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Really they arent wired ILLEGALLY..... your HEADLIGHTS DO NOT need to be turned on to have functioning fog lights....
At least in BOTH my 2004 Super-Duty AND my Fiance's 2004 sport trac..... Turning the Headlight switch one position instead of two allows the function of fog lights with DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS, not HEADLIGHTS...

Of course if you ALWAYS drive with your headlights on AUTO, then they automatically turn on as soon as the sun goes down... THEN you have no control unless you go Manual....

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres what Alberta and British Columbia can get ready for....... Your coming next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SASKATCHEWAN LAW

Bumpers
50(1) Every passengercar shall be equipped with front and rear bumpers and
every other type A vehicle with a GVWR of 4500 kilograms or less shall be equipped
with front bumpers that:
(a) are securely mounted to the frame or chassis;
(b) have a vertical surface of at least 100 millimetres; and
(c) extend at least to the width of the original manufacturer’s track width.
(2) On cars, the centre part of the bumper shall be between 380 and 560
millimetres above the ground when the vehicle is unloaded on level ground and
tires are inflated within the range specified by the tire manufacturer.
(3) On type A vehicles with GVWR of 4500 kilograms or less, other than cars, the
height of the lowest part of the bumper shall be not more than 750 millimetres
above the road surface.

That says it right there..... If the BOTTOM of your bumper (not the AIR DAM) is higher than 75cm, your ILLEGAL!!

I think that is fairly close to the laws in BC already, Im not sure on the bumper height restriction, but I do know there is one in place, they just haven't enforced it much the past few years.

The Sask laws and BC laws are virtually identical including the bumper height restrictions. BC has a rear bumper height restriction as well as a maximum height to the center of the factory headlights. BC has some of the most restrictive laws in the country. However, the cops and CVSE officers in small destination towns like Vale let the locals slide when it comes to the regs, but put the hammer down on out of province visitors. They see $$ signs... It's BS that they'll turn a blind eye to the local guy with the old rusted out pick up with worn out brake pads, rolling around on 10% tread - 40" Super Swamper Boggers that stick out 6" past the rusted out old fenders, but hammer down on peeps rolling down the highway with their lifted trucks with upgraded brakes, decent tires, fender flares etc.. but happen to have some LED or HID lights. Sure...pull them over and give them a warning...and educate them for a first time offence. If they are caught again and don't comply...then nail 'em, but don't prey on the economy that helps these small B.C. towns keep rolling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom