Official REVY Riding Conditions 2013/14

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol... I had a little incident last season going to Revy with a Dirka Dirka... Three of them were drafting each other thru the pass and rotating in and out of slow and fast lane not letting anyone pass... I got a little excited and well I have Dirka Dirka mirror tracks down the side of my trailer!! Yes it was rubz & scrubz racing.. !!!

Haha I rubbed f&)k tar dumaktar myself on the pass a few yrs back

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wrong people are replying.

We rode Boulder Thursday, you had to be careful, but there was some freshies to be had. Nothing to brag about.

Sugar and superbowl looked pathetic, I was surprised to see it tracked out. treetops and rock everywhere.

We found some sweet powder in a nice meadow. no hazards.

Second day we rode Sale... Lots of untracked... but for you groomer princesses, this is not for you.

Third day we did Blue lake. ALL day we rode freshies, and lots of depth. Foggy afternoon, but man hte snow was good.

Left home Sunday morning.. It was snowing hard. I almost wanted to say fug it and ride... but couldn't.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at we're missing today! :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 604

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Boulder Frid/Sat. Pretty socked in both days, but still early season snow with some good snow in the trees. Dropped into the bullpen with fresh tracks and burnt some fuel in the airport. Seemed I only took pic's while stuck.....
IMG_3454.jpg IMG_3440.jpg IMG_3442.jpg IMG_3443.jpg IMG_3446.jpg IMG_3448.jpg

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We should start a new thread, dirka dirka truck crashes for the sled season, I bet we could see some great wrecks and even better stories to go with them... I really thought it would fit... It did last month

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 503

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We should start a new thread, dirka dirka truck crashes for the sled season, I bet we could see some great wrecks and even better stories to go with them... I really thought it would fit... It did last month

dirka 1.jpg

Might be a shortage of mandarin oranges in AB this week! I think this was one of the players in the Sun. night shutdown east of Revy.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know its early season but in 15 years of riding the Snow is really low for the 1 of dec we rode boulder on sat and were lucky we didn't smash anything up I saw at least 5 or more guys rip the skis clean off there sleds. I wouldn't waste your time to go out to revy for at least 2 weeks the snow sucks and there are land mines every where and to top it off some dirka dirka truck driver decided to drive at mach 2 yesterday smashing in to another dirka dirka truck driver closing the highway for 8 hrs when is the province going crack down on these camel jockeys be for they kill more innocent people

Nice to see your other thread got deleted. Here's a link to the story about the crash saying speed had nothing to do with the crash...

Update: Fatal MVI closes Trans-Canada between Revelstoke and Golden - Revelstoke Times Review

I don't think it is too much to ask to shut down the highway to do a full investigation when a fatality is involved. Perhaps you should show a little respect for human life.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyway......

Rode a few days ago, conditions were good for most of the area, still have to watch the bumps under the snow, if it looks like a rock at surface then it porbably is a rock. You guys need to get out and ride, there is more snow on the way, if you are not there, you are missing out! Better get at it before it all gets chewed up!

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about " dirka dirka " truck drivers, but I see more and more bad drivers that get impatient and pass tractors in poor conditions and places.
People need to realize that the big rigs just dont stop on a dime and they take time to get up to speed. It may be funny to poke fun at who's driving the trucks but if they didn't do the job they do, we wouldn't have the access we have to fresh produce and the latest Electronic gadgets. I am also guessing that most of them plan to make it home at night just like the rest of us.

sorry for the rant. please keep the updates and pics coming. Hoping to get down there on Dec 9th for a day or two.

Last edited:

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I check the silent pass conditions thread will it be accurate for revy? Pm this crap if ya got a issue. Kids......

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know of a different thread with accurate up to date Revy conditions....

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy Santa clause sht*! Who cares about the truck drivers, bad drivers, bus drivers etc, theirs plenty of passing lanes to let them by or to get ahead! It's part of the deal of getting out there, I find the people that complain about it are just has useless on the hwy as the other bad drivers
Now back to revy snow conditions for the people that read this thread........

Sent from my iPad using

Top Bottom