Official REVY Riding Conditions 2013/14

moto.racerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome day yesterday. Blasted Past Sugarbowl in the fog and set tracks across the north ridge and dropped into 57 and lakes. Made tacks all day long and only found a couple creeks :) Saw where someone was about follow into 57 but thought better of it and turned around on a man made shelf with a fairly large platform to turn their sleds around ;) Came out in the dark with an amazing moon over the park.
Safe sleddin folks
RS

Guilty as charged, that drop looked like point of no return or turbo only club. Hope the must get out launch pad wasn't in the way.

Great day and conditions out there

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Guilty as charged, that drop looked like point of no return or turbo only club. Hope the must get out launch pad wasn't in the way.

Great day and conditions out there

No worries bud...... was all tail wheels when we blasted your launch pad :) You should have dropped it....we would have made sure you would get out. Where you in the Green Tobe one piece who we went by above Sugarbowl? Glad you had a great day!!
Cheers
RS

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was into Keystone on Saturday. Good day with lots of fresh to be had in the trees and only one other group in the area. Visibility was brutal most of the day.

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking for a good area to spend some time in with new riders in revy. something easy and not overwhelming. ive been a couple times but vis was terrible so never made it far. thought either frisby or boulder, smallest sled we will have is 600HOsummit 144. just looking for these guys to have fun, get used to the terrain and deep .snow. keep it safe and enjoyable. will be one guy coming that I don't know, that has been lots. but again I don't know him. if anyone has some advice on riding areas that would be awesome. everyone has avy gear and understands the basics on use. will be goin for avy courses in near future. hoping this guy is good and wont convince the others to "follow me, I know a secret spot" and get into a bad situation. were all pretty cautious riders but not sure about other guy yet,

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
looking for a good area to spend some time in with new riders in revy. something easy and not overwhelming. ive been a couple times but vis was terrible so never made it far. thought either frisby or boulder, smallest sled we will have is 600HOsummit 144. just looking for these guys to have fun, get used to the terrain and deep .snow. keep it safe and enjoyable. will be one guy coming that I don't know, that has been lots. but again I don't know him. if anyone has some advice on riding areas that would be awesome. everyone has avy gear and understands the basics on use. will be goin for avy courses in near future. hoping this guy is good and wont convince the others to "follow me, I know a secret spot" and get into a bad situation. were all pretty cautious riders but not sure about other guy yet,

Exactly what you have stated should be explained to your whole group.
Go to Frisby or Boulder. Ask any riders at the cabins and they will point you in the right direction.
My daughter rode a 500 short track for years up those there hills and had no probs.
Have fun and explore. If it does not look right then just dont go there.
Have a look at the maps of the mountains on the Revelstoke snowmobile home page.
Happy sledding.

HIGHTEC REDNECK

Reaction score
Boxing day seems like a good day for driving to revy seems like the dirka dirka semi traffic is non existence today they must all be celebrating the birth of a sacred cow or goat and keep the traditional gift exchange of a new purple towel for there head!!!!

bushwackin

Reaction score
Boxing day seems like a good day for driving to revy seems like the dirka dirka semi traffic is non existence today they must all be celebrating the birth of a sacred cow or goat and keep the traditional gift exchange of a new purple towel for there head!!!!

Hahahahaha too funny!!!

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And the Truth shall set you free!! LOL

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really deep and snowing hard was the report I got from friends that rode today.

harper44

Reaction score
DEEP + no base = lots of stucks for this guy today. Had a blast ****ing around in the trees though...

Sent from my iPhone using

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Rode in the closure today, good snow, not sick deep but enough for a half dozen stucks. Hard base under 2 ft I'd say, wind blow to 4ft in spots. Pretty pounded out by the end of the day down there.
Heard over the radio that it was getting tracked out on the ridge, anyone there today? Did you Save me some pow up there for tomorrow?

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Tons and tons of untouched.
Mid level had the best snow all day. Plenty deep. Lots of stuckage for the new guys.
Still low light at higher elevations and minimul peeps past the lakes or Turbo.
Still tons left.
Quite a few headed to Turtle as the weather was holding.
Parking lots basically fullby 10:eek:o People were there at 0630 to be the first up this morning.
Fellas were cooking excellent food at the cabin.
Sled on!

Top Bottom