Odd check engine light

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So last ride last year I had a check engine light come on in blue river. Now the sled didn't run bad or even skip a beat for that matter and the check engine light is orange. Now here's the weird part. Its on at low rpm's and once the sled gets above about 5000 rpm the light will actually go away and once a guy slows down and drops below that mark for a bit it will come back. I haven't done anything yet but I'm thinking fuel swap and new plugs. any other ideas or has anyone else had the same issue? Thanks ahead of time

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next time it comes on, pull the code off your speedo and referance with your manual.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how you pull a code? I just never got a manual from the guy I bought the sled off and cant find the one that came with buddies sled.

Last edited:

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Page 51-53. Attached is for a 2013, but pretty basic for the PRO's - minus the belt drive

48janke

Reaction score
It might be your throttle safety switch, I had the same issue but mine would sputter out every time the light would come on

wildman

Reaction score
EGT sensor. Just had it happen on my 11. Bring it to your dealer. It takes them about a minute to find out for sure what it is.

Top Bottom