Nytro Front End

sleslie

Reaction score
I was riding my 09 Nytro in Mcbride this past wekend and ended up hitting a rock while doing some climbing. It bent up my right side suspension pretty good and was just wondering what your thoughts are on replacing the damage with stock parts or trying some aftermarket stuff like Timbersleds Barkbuster kit? If anyone out there who has replaced their stock stuff wants to get rid of it i would also be interested in that, probably cheaper than buying new parts at dealer. Thanks for any advice.

Summitseeker

Reaction score
I was riding my 09 Nytro in Mcbride this past wekend and ended up hitting a rock while doing some climbing. It bent up my right side suspension pretty good and was just wondering what your thoughts are on replacing the damage with stock parts or trying some aftermarket stuff like Timbersleds Barkbuster kit? If anyone out there who has replaced their stock stuff wants to get rid of it i would also be interested in that, probably cheaper than buying new parts at dealer. Thanks for any advice.

Hey....did you ever get a new front end? I have a stock front end that I would sell for cheap.

yaya

Reaction score
hey have a timbersled front end kit for your nitro ... everything but the shocks, let me know if you still need it

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Here is some pics, we temporary repaired until new front end arrives.

Attachments

• photo11.jpg
    photo11.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 471
  • photo12.jpg
    photo12.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 470

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the easiest way to check the front end is look at the shocks. one will be closer to an a-arm then the other. of when you put the skis stright, and look at it form the side. one is out fruther then the other. or stand at the bumper and look down at the a-arms and u can see if there bent. sometimes you have to take if off to actually see if thats it and not an a-arm.. i hit a tree with my stock front end and buckled the a-arm and the subframe didnt even budge on my 08 so i dono.

nosaj82

Reaction score
Make sure u check your sub frame that holds the front end together. i hit a rock with my nytro and ended up twisting the front frame which required replacement. they are a weak unit up front man. sorry for the bad news but just wanted to give u a heads up. look in to it

vic

Reaction score
Nytro FX 08 . Replaced right lower a arm and right spindle because of hitting rock. Now the right ski sits back further than the left . The spindle right appears to be sitting straight up and the left spindle leaning way back . Is this because the sub frame bent ???? One shock sits ahead more than the other one looking at the a arm.

Last edited:

wilmot

Reaction score
Your subframe is bent. The new ones are stronger, but any time you take a good hit they bend. I just replaced one on my 2010 nytro. good luck.

• Thanks
Reactions: vic

vic

Reaction score
What about the pivot arm assembly will this cause this??? Is it a big job to change subframe??? How much time will it take . Never worked on the Yamaha it's my son's sled. How much will the dealer bill be??

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
If I remember correctly a new subframe was just under the thousand dollar mark in Canada, from what I hear once you get it down pat, the sub frame can be changed in a few hours? Not really sure on that one as I have not done it myself. The subframe on Jan's sled was changed out as part of the conversion process. In her case when the Nytro made contact with the tree, the A-arms stayed good and the subframe bent.

• Thanks

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
if you have any kind of general knowledge you should be to do it yourself or else it will cost you lots in labor from the stealer. most of the job will involve taking off the front plastics and unbolting the front suspension.

i hit a rock last weekend and the nytro went for a good tumble down the hill. didnt look good at first but turn out a bolt sheared out of the bottom a-arm. glad it was a heavy nytro that hit that rock or there would be nothing left of the sled

• Thanks
Top Bottom