Nordegg

Tunderin' RT

Reaction score
Going to Nordegg for a rip on the quads on Saturday. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Anyone been there before? What are the trails like?

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I was there last weekend ( Big horn dam) the trails across the dam are very well maintaned too well maintained and real dusty no logs, no mud, nothing thought i was going to fall asleep and hit a deer :eek: If you go on the north side of the hwy it is not maintained and much better no dust. from the dam turnoff follow the ditch west about a km or so and there is a trail going north into the bush good trail no dust and some good mud pits at every "Y" go left and you keep driving around the mountain right to the very tippy top and you over look the whole valley very nice view....i think i have a pic or 2 to post...But **CAUTION** there is 1 steep part you climb for about 20 min or so it doesn't seem that steep till you go down and the steep parts are just short runs not any big long runs never once where we scared ourselves in jeoperty but we were all fairly experinced except for a couple younger (13-16) ones riding 2wd quads but they had no problems

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bighorn damm is one of those places you gotta see.spent 4 days there..very nice..the trail murm is talking about looked so nice but there was a sign saying keep out bear in area..i wonder how the bear reads that sign? the next time we go i am deffinetaly going down that trail..see under bighorn dam in the forums.there are usually trail maps in the mailbox at the sign on the south side of the dam and the trails are marked.nice place to spend a weekend.the trails are maintained by the bighorn atv club..they have built alot of bridges there.rumor has it the are thinking of turning it into a park of somekind so ride there while you can because you might not be able to soon. there is tons of random camping there top and bottom of hill.have fun!:beer:

Top Bottom