newbie looking for info bout chetwynd area

xpmaster

Reaction score
hey guys im looking to make my first trip to the moutains looking for some info on chetwynd area since its the closest to my area. looking to rent a sled so if anyone knows any places that rent also places to stay and last of all best place for riding in the area. ive rode a sled my whole life just not in moutain territory. looking for a area with powder and some bowls. any info would be muchly appreciated. also if there is any snow in the area now. thanks

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I were you dude, I would go to someplace like Valemount for my first trip....the areas in the pass are not maintained, and unless you go with someone that knows the area well you may spend your time wandering around and not getting to see the good stuff, or possibly end up somewhere you don't want to be. Tumbler Ridge might be a good place to start as well, they have some groomed trails into the hills and some beginner friendly terrain that is easily accessible. please make sure you have the proper gear, and some understanding of how it works and how to use it.....talk to davey caldwell over at C-six. I ride with his pop, and davey has been with us many times. he can fill you in on some of the gear you need, tell him troy told you to ask

xpmaster

Reaction score
thanks for the reply man. didnt realize tumbler was so close to me. i will probably try there first. i know david really well ill chat with him i have the gear already. any sled rentals in the tumbler area?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply man. didnt realize tumbler was so close to me. i will probably try there first. i know david really well ill chat with him i have the gear already. any sled rentals in the tumbler area?
I figured if you were a younger fella and was into sledding or biking in that area, you would know davey. that kid rides the hell outta anything he gets his hands on.

I don't know of anything for rentals in Tumbler, you might have to make a few calls over there and check. GP would probably be your best bet

Reaction score
Website
www.visittumblerridge.ca
I figured if you were a younger fella and was into sledding or biking in that area, you would know davey. that kid rides the hell outta anything he gets his hands on.

I don't know of anything for rentals in Tumbler, you might have to make a few calls over there and check. GP would probably be your best bet

No rentals in Tumbler, sorry. As mentioned, try Grande Prairie.

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
I know that Trail Blaz'n Power (in Fort St John) has sleds for rental. I believe they are charging $350 for a weekend rental. (250) 785-6675. For a newcomer, I would also recommend Tumbler Ridge, or possibly Dawson Creek.

Top Bottom