New to dirt bikes

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ridden quad and trikes all my life but now i wanna have some thing with some more fun and still b able to hit the west country with the boys and their quads if i want. After watching guys on bikes and guys on sport quads i figure bikes are better all round. so could you guys help me out i was looking at a honda crf 230, 250r, 250x. im 6 foot tall and 230 lbs im also partial to the honda tags

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
if u would be you i would go 4 stroke
just more power
less shifting involved (cause of the torqui engine)
in my eyes less maintance

i personally ride a
2002 yamaha wr426

comes stock with headlight and taillight
so far awesome to have lights just in case u forget the clock and have to ride home in the dark

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your in to hondas go for a crf250x has off road lights and will rip up any trail you want I had one and miss it or if you want a real rush get a crf450x. the "x" package is the off raod package the "f" is for the track still a great bike but depends on what you want,imo the 230 is weak in power and you will get boared quick hope this helps.

mgdjeepster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
definately get the honda crf450 with your size that is what you are going to want for sure as far as power goes. Great running machines!

jimdandy

Reaction score
Go with a 250x or 450x. Made the mistake of buying a 230 thinking thats all I would need not having been on a bike for years. Found it boaring and under powered in about a week. I'm only 5'8" 180 lbs so I went with a 250f now. You won't be disapointed with the four stoke. And in my opinion go red or blue when it comes to bikes(just my opinion based on repairs)

the Champ

Reaction score
I only started riding a dirt bike a couple years ago. I ended up buying a Yamaha YZ250F and it definitely STILL DOES IT for me, haha!

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea deff go with the 250X or 450X for them trails and stuff and your pretty tall so yea you'll want more than 230... my buddy has one but my 250 will rape it in power! hope this helps.

Top Bottom