New Quad in 700-850 need help

mac450

Reaction score
Hello everyone I will probably get killed for asking this question but I am buying a new quad but can't make my mind up. I always had a sport machine banshee,raptor mx bikes. I want a reliable quad for hunting trailriding etc I looked at Arctic cats , polaris , Yamaha and kawasaki need some info on reliability on each or which is the better bike overall Thanks.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends what you are using if for. if it is strictly a hunting quad 700+ is overkill. Need more details than this for a accurate response

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here we go.......Jiang shi , for flat out power & reliability no one comes close....

mac450

Reaction score
Hey thanks for replying hunting only during the season rest of the year just riding poker rally's going to the camp some mudding my friend owns a suzuki but I dont really care for it just wondering about which ones seem to be breaking down the most in your experience Thanks again I know this was a pretty general question but it is 9000 plus so I have to ask.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for replying hunting only during the season rest of the year just riding poker rally's going to the camp some mudding my friend owns a suzuki but I dont really care for it just wondering about which ones seem to be breaking down the most in your experience Thanks again I know this was a pretty general question but it is 9000 plus so I have to ask.

You may even want to look at an outlander 650. The outty is definitely the sportiest of the group.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say go polaris 850 XP. Great ride lots of power and they got power steering all for one great price.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look out with the XP's, some of them have a PCV valve installed wrong from the factory and it spits oil into the box. Dealer should over it under warranty.

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look out with the XP's, some of them have a PCV valve installed wrong from the factory and it spits oil into the box. Dealer should over it under warranty.

Welcome to the family of Bruten Shaun. Here we go!!! No more polaris for you.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

WOW !! Now I regret buying my 850 that's done so well for 2 1/2 years. I should sell it immediately considering the PCV valve might be installed incorrectly. All funning aside, I love my XP. It is the smoothest riding, easiest steering quad I've ever ridden, bar none. Plus it's got more than enough power to pull a LARGE bull moose out of the bush and get my old, dumb azz in trouble (flipped it on top of me :doh:).

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW !! Now I regret buying my 850 that's done so well for 2 1/2 years. I should sell it immediately considering the PCV valve might be installed incorrectly. All funning aside, I love my XP. It is the smoothest riding, easiest steering quad I've ever ridden, bar none. Plus it's got more than enough power to pull a LARGE bull moose out of the bush and get my old, dumb azz in trouble (flipped it on top of me :doh:).

If it works for you I wouldn't sell it. I sold mine because it was 6 months old and had been in the dealer every weekend because something broke or malfunctioned. I kid you not, every weekend something went wrong. I still have work orders to prove it.

Sent from my white iPhone 4

scottsrdscott

Reaction score
Reliability was at the top of my list the last time I was buying a quad. With that, I figured either Yamaha or Suzuki. I bought the suzuki 750 but I ended up having not so good luck with it. Just picked up a 2012 Brute force 750! I only have about 120 km's on it so far but it feels great and the motor is waaaay more powerful than a single. Happy so far.:d

Last edited:

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your buying new make sure it has power steering.If your going to double alot then either the Canam or the Polaris.If not a 2 up then a Grizzly 700 or Kingquad 750.Reliability yamy,susuki,kawy,canam.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
If your buying new make sure it has power steering.If your going to double alot then either the Canam or the Polaris.If not a 2 up then a Grizzly 700 or Kingquad 750.Reliability yamy,susuki,kawy,canam.

If you plan to double, buy a proper 2 up quad. Polaris, Can-Am & Arctic Cat all make proper 2 up quads. Putting a quad box on a regular quad fits the job, however it is NOT the safest way of doing so.

mac450

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help I have it narrowed down will make a decision soon thanks again all of you.:d

mac450

Reaction score
Thanks man that was what I was wondering about, I figured any bike around 700 should be able to pull a moose but I wanted to confirm it, plus the ride and reliability thanks for the info.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tow moose out with my outty 500 max XT with a passenger NO problem,NO wheeling and it rides awsome.:d:beer::beer:

Top Bottom