New M-series Seat

Slayer666

Reaction score
According to the cat website accessory catalog, it shows that you can buy that new lightweight seat to fit a 05-09 m series. Does anyone know if this is exactly true cause I haven't seen that new seat in person but it looks like to me that the seat would be too short to fit the stock pins on my M7. Was wondering if you have to mod it to fit then.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to the cat website accessory catalog, it shows that you can buy that new lightweight seat to fit a 05-09 m series. Does anyone know if this is exactly true cause I haven't seen that new seat in person but it looks like to me that the seat would be too short to fit the stock pins on my M7. Was wondering if you have to mod it to fit then.

Call T&T Powersports in Bonnyville. They have them in stock. and can help you. Talk to Terry or Mark. Their number is 780 826 6121. Tell them Pipes sent you.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If my memory is still working i think they bolt down and are not the quick removal type. As far as the fit there is no problem as the fuel tank and tunnel have not had any major changes. So i thinking you have to drill two holes and it should be mounted. For what its worth i tried one out at the spring show and i liked it better than my Boss just to sit on . They are not as light as a boss but i think they are more comfortable. If i had a do over i would have saved the extra cash and bought the Cat seat. Hope this helps

Slayer666

Reaction score
Yeah I think this new seat looks pretty trick, and the id rather not shell out for the boss seat if one of these will work. Ill have to look at my sled tonight when I get home. Thanks alot man.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So i have been told that you get two new bolts with the seat and they replace the ones for the fuel tank and hold down the seat as well so no drilling.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i have been told that you get two new bolts with the seat and they replace the ones for the fuel tank and hold down the seat as well so no drilling.

I picked mine up and that is correct. You just replace the 2 bolts and nuts from the fuel tank.
It looks sweet to guys.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

fear not, flatlander, its all included with the kit, and did you know s&m members get 15% off at T&T........

t:cool:

kamikaze cat

Reaction score
Yeah I think this new seat looks pretty trick, and the id rather not shell out for the boss seat if one of these will work. Ill have to look at my sled tonight when I get home. Thanks alot man.

the new boss seats have come down in price my buddy just paid 475 for his. they also changed the design a little. 400$ for the 2010 cat seat not much dif in price.personally i still like the boss.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I posted this on here, but my 2010 Cat seat weighs around 8-9 lbs... For those who are concerned about those extra pounds... lol. Also heard $400 for the seat.. Sounds like Snowseeker lucked out!

snowzombie

Reaction score
Hey snowseeker if thats your sled on your avatar looks like you had a Boss or HMP seat already before going the 2010 seat. Are you looking to sell it i would be interested send me a pm.

padleym1000

Reaction score
i got a boss seat fore sale let me know if you want it only 6 or so rides on it here is a pic..:beer:

Attachments

• IMG_1987.jpg
    IMG_1987.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 73

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys I paid $399 for my 2010 seat. I looked and my invoice and I looked at the wrong part number. As far as my old Boss seat I sold it with my 08 sled.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys I paid $399 for my 2010 seat. I looked and my invoice and I looked at the wrong part number. As far as my old Boss seat I sold it with my 08 sled.

Rather off topic, but what kind of side vents are on the sled in your profile pic? PM me if you like! Thanks.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rather off topic, but what kind of side vents are on the sled in your profile pic? PM me if you like! Thanks.

There was a link in Ron's ski-doo for sale thread , and it was for side vents the looked like the OEM ones only vented. Anyone recall that one?

sled-fiend

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.raintek.ca
There was a link in Ron's ski-doo for sale thread , and it was for side vents the looked like the OEM ones only vented. Anyone recall that one?

If your looking for the "Gill" style vents here is the reply I got from the fellow who makes them. I'm going with a set this year:)

Hi Geoff
Thanks for your interest, we do still make the M series sleds as well as many others, each set includes Left and right Gill-Vents, alll the fasteners, step by step instructions, and a clutch side screen, there is no need to have a screen on the exhaust side. However, I could ship an extra screen for that side if you really wanted it, the cost would be $10.00 extra.
we have these in stock and ready to ship, your cost would be $215.00 plus shipping.
You can also call Sherri @ Boondocker Canada at 1 877 449 2699 she has them in stock as well, and is shipping product every day.
Hope this answers your questions.
Call me at 403 253 0047 if you would like to order and Ill get an exact quote on the shipping depending on how you want it shipped.
Scott
Sundown Solar Inc

Last edited:
Top Bottom