New Grizzly EPS or no EPS?

Smidgy

Reaction score
As the title states EPS or no EPS that is the question. I am thinking hard of getting a 2009 grizzly 700, I will be coming from a 600 grizzly that treated me well, and the only bikes that seem to last in the stuff we ride in(Maritimes) are yammi's and honda's.

So I commented to my bud about buying one(who owns a 2007 grizzly 700 EPS) and he said don't get one with Power Steering...That is where my question comes from. His reasoning is that it is really awkward at high speed because it turns so easily, and that it sometimes doesn't work and you have to over power it. I just wanted to run it by everyone here because I have never heard anyone bashing the EPS on here.

Anyone care to comment, for clarification we ride a big variety of terrain, run usually 26-27" lighter mud tires(mud lites/zillas) mud, dirt roads, water, rocks, woods, clay, skeg, you name it we got it.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no problems..3400 km with 27-10-12s on the front can ride all day:)

Samson14

Reaction score
Havn't owned one so im not sure if their problems but i have taken them out for a full day of riding and i'll tell ya the next bike i get will have it. As much as i like feeling the trail,feeling the ruts i like being able to ride for hours and not having sour arms.I've been ride in a trail( cut line) and hit a set of ruts from a logging truck and it just suck my machine right in cause the wheels bite into it so hard you can't fight it but with the power steering you can do it with one finger.
But in the end it's like EBS on a polaris,you don't need it but it's nice to have.

Smidgy

Reaction score
Yea, I figured the benifits were definately there, I guess I will just have to get my buddy to let me take his for a little spin to see if I like it or not, I know it would be nice to have when you had the tires half buried or more trying to get out of ruts

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I would def. buy the E.P.S.Ride for 11 hours one day and not sore at all.You will kick yourself if you don't get it.2100k on mine ,one little problem,( cost about $15 to fix)

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 07 700 Grizz with E.P.S and won't own another ATV without it 1500 km and no trouble just can't keep reverse sensor switches in it seems to get to hot had to replace 2 in 1weekend on August long

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i like my power steering..wont own one with out ever again:beer:

Yep
It does take a little bit to get used to it but I would not own another Quad without Power Steering. I never have had a single ounce of trouble with my 700 Grizz!
I had 27X12X12 Exes all the way around and had about 2000km and not a single problem!

Happy shopping

Top Bottom