New Avalanche Warning

waka

Reaction score
this message is for all heading into the mountains this weekend.

anyone read the comments after the story... Hate albertans much??? Are we the only ones run over by avalanches? No one from anywhere else... Well i think that avalanches are racist to albertans and i for one am avoiding them at all costs...

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It just goes to show how stupid those people really are with comments like that.

What they fail to realize is that 90% of the sledders that come are smarter than they are and their "local" cavalier "it will never happen to me because I'm so much smarter than Mother Nature" attitude won't save them on even low angle terrain based on the warnings and photos that I have seen lately.

But I guess I'm just a stupid redneck with a big truck and, big balls and no brains.....

Its too bad people have such narrow minds.

Play safe boys and girls.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Forget about what the people print...there will always be "haters" out there on every issue. Sometimes I think they add comments just to get a reaction.

Focus on the conditions....risky stuff - you have to make good decisions.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Focus on the conditions....risky stuff - you have to make good decisions.

Might be a good weekend to drink beer and clean up dog influenced land mines... I'm sure the ol lady will vote that the best decision of the weekend. :d :beer: :d

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
Albertans, I wouldn't take those comments to serious as they seem to be comming from some punk sled/skier/snowboarder/ Probably proudly wearing his pink plad snowboard p-jays, with his hair dreads all neatly tied back under his non helmited head gear.
Im my opinion this seasons sledders, no matter where they are from are, as in general, way more aware, and educated to the risks. We need you Alberta people to help keep our clubs alive witch in turn, help keep our areas open. The mountains are here for everyone to enjoy, with caution. play safe.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alberta plate=avy seeker? like wtf
a very decent amount of us have avy training and can read terrain...

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"I live in BC. I pay attention to these warnings. I am a responsible back country skier and snowmobiler. I will be out tomorrow in safe, low angle terrain. Too bad the masses from Alberta are coming too and seem to never take heed of these warning.

The problem is not snowmobilers or skiers. The problem is big city "weekend warriors" coming from Calgary. Put up a wall on the BC border and you would see a 90% reduction in avalanche fatalities.

When I see what these people are doing in the hills it drives me crazy. Big money , big sleds, big (something else), but a little lacking in brains. Wake up Albertans you are no longer in the flatlands."

This was a quote from that site. We all know they are sliding even on low angle hills so be safe out there. And he probably is right if they put up a wall there would be a 90% reduction, a lot of snowmobilers are albertan. Guys like that are only looking for attention. He's obviously the "kid prodigy" snowmobiler lol.

lmg225

Reaction score
"I live in BC. I pay attention to these warnings. I am a responsible back country skier and snowmobiler. I will be out tomorrow in safe, low angle terrain. Too bad the masses from Alberta are coming too and seem to never take heed of these warning.

The problem is not snowmobilers or skiers. The problem is big city "weekend warriors" coming from Calgary. Put up a wall on the BC border and you would see a 90% reduction in avalanche fatalities.

When I see what these people are doing in the hills it drives me crazy. Big money , big sleds, big (something else), but a little lacking in brains. Wake up Albertans you are no longer in the flatlands."

This was a quote from that site. We all know they are sliding even on low angle hills so be safe out there. And he probably is right if they put up a wall there would be a 90% reduction, a lot of snowmobilers are albertan. Guys like that are only looking for attention. He's obviously the "kid prodigy" snowmobiler lol.

Unfortunatly this is canada and nobody owns or controls the back country even if u are from BC, i mean if thats the way things are gonna be then lets allow nobody into the mountains, then well be sure to cut down on fatalitys. Im from Bc and this is a retarded comment, fact of the matter is that there's way more sledders out there these days then ever before, more ppl up there means more chances for them to get hurt/killed/etc.

Also sleds have come so far.Years ago only the most elite riders could get anywhere in the back country, now u buy a stock cat or bomb and there not too many places u can;t go. Put a turbo on top of that and there's no limits. Im not denying there's no ignorance out there, cause there is but its no good to lay blame on some guy from calgary or edmonton and say that there the problem. Its the whole"it can;t happen to me"ideal coupled with the other facts i listed.

Last year this country became aware of what can happen and it opened alot of eyes, this year at the sled show there were way more ABS bags being sold, there were way more ppl taking ava training, there were way more ppl becoming aware, unfortunatly this spourt is growing faster then ppl can become aware.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure are some ignorant people in this Province! Just ignore 'em....always works for me! :(

Top Bottom