Need Help On M1000

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 09 m1000 with slp pipe,y-pipe,intake,v-force reeds,power commander 5 and koso egt's.The problem I'm having is it's showing crazy numbers on the gauges when you start to lean into it in a field.Starts flashing over 1100 temp when you hit about 3/4 throttle and when I start feathering the throttle back down it still shows like over 1200 and if I lean into it a bit again it drops a bit but then goes back up.If I drop down to well under half throttle the temp drops but will jump again if I start pinning it again!I pulled the plugs when it first did it and they looked fine!I looked down the y-pipe(easy since you have take pipe off to get at plugs) and the pistons look good!Would it be my probes are starting to screw up or the gauge itself?It worked fine last year and it just started doing this year!I've only had time for 3 rides so far so it is kind of a piss off when it starts acting like this!Any help would be great!:beer:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 09 m1000 with slp pipe,y-pipe,intake,v-force reeds,power commander 5 and koso egt's.The problem I'm having is it's showing crazy numbers on the gauges when you start to lean into it in a field.Starts flashing over 1100 temp when you hit about 3/4 throttle and when I start feathering the throttle back down it still shows like over 1200 and if I lean into it a bit again it drops a bit but then goes back up.If I drop down to well under half throttle the temp drops but will jump again if I start pinning it again!I pulled the plugs when it first did it and they looked fine!I looked down the y-pipe(easy since you have take pipe off to get at plugs) and the pistons look good!Would it be my probes are starting to screw up or the gauge itself?It worked fine last year and it just started doing this year!I've only had time for 3 rides so far so it is kind of a piss off when it starts acting like this!Any help would be great!:beer:

Check your reeds. Not as easy as checking your plugs but a lot easier and cheaper than replacing your top end.

Ape

Reaction score
Buddy has a Koso gauge and it is all over. It cuts out at high rims then comes back and acts normal for a time and then all over the place again. He is now ordering a new digitron.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to think its the gauge!Looking at the plugs they are a perfect color!I checked my max temps and mag side was 1290 and pto was 1360!I've had enough sleds that when you went past 1250 it was usually game over!Thinking I should go back to a digitron,this was my first koso and not to impressed.I also had some v force reeds come a part before and usually they just run like crap.This thing is still peppy and pulls like a mule but I'm getting a sore neck from staring down at that damn gauge!!LOL!!

Jasonschaaf

Reaction score
I've had my koso for three years no with no problems .did you check and see if there's a recall or a bad batch of sensers before I would pull anything apart.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys aren't feeding the Koso's with AC power by chance are you. You need the Koso or some sort of rectifier to invert to DC for these gauges.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy has a Koso gauge and it is all over. It cuts out at high rims then comes back and acts normal for a time and then all over the place again. He is now ordering a new digitron.

Where is he pulling power from? I tried pulling it from the acc. plug and it would do the same. Tied into the reverse beeper and perfect since.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing is it worked fine last year.Is there a way I can test the probes?I have the quick reaction type on there.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've tested them in boiling water before.....but that only gets you to 220 degrees F.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a air fuel gauge. I had a m1000 with pyro gauges and popped it before the gauges even showed high temps. Air fuel is so sweet.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would it work with a butane torch and my lazer thermometer?

Top Bottom