Need Help ASAP

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Down in blue river riding/trying to ride in 3-4' of fresh and this sled doesn't like it at all.

If I stay in someone elses track I'm fine, as soon as I get in any powder my belt slips like crazy and brings mr to a stop. I've went through 2 belts today (only about 40kms of riding) and I can't seem to figure it out.

There is no where here to buy vent kits here that I know of. Any ideas/suggestions? What should the secondary be set at? It's on 6 now I believe.

Any bubblegum ideas to keep the snow off the belt/clutches?

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What sled do you have? You could try the pet screen over the stock venting to keep some of the snow out. Or the old duct tape on the clutch side vents.

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This sounds crazy but make sure you skid plate is on or at least on properly if it is a nytro, had mine come off in Mcbride one, year and you think we could fine the darn thing. We cut one out of a crazy carpet so I could ride the next day, it worked pretty good too, for one day aleast.

Good luck

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got er figured out. Lost the belly pan...coulda swore it was there. Had one bussed in from salmon river and quickly put er on this morning. Also undid one side of the sway bar...what a night and day difference the ole nytro was today.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was just gonna say check the belly pan///buddy's apex did the same thing, blew the rivets on the bottom and sucked in snow, said his belt felt like it was slipping, we stopped to look and .......clutch side was full of snow... imagine that would make the belt slip. :D

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was just gonna say check the belly pan///buddy's apex did the same thing, blew the rivets on the bottom and sucked in snow, said his belt felt like it was slipping, we stopped to look and .......clutch side was full of snow... imagine that would make the belt slip. :D

Got a new panel in, ya clutches no likey snow!

mdwils

Reaction score

Yeah, ditch the rivets and put in speednuts and bolts.

vip

Reaction score
install an ultra plate will not have any problems after that youwill be able to run stuff over without worring

ddwell

Reaction score
Wow must be common, I had the same problem first time out with my nytro too, installed skid plate over new belly pan.:)

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Roest Racing aluminum skid plate!! I ditched my yammi skid plate and plastic oem oil pan cover.. Roest plate awesome fit and finish and wont build up with snow like yammi plate or skins float junk!!

wilmot

Reaction score
I did the same. Roest Racing skidplate definately worth the money.

Top Bottom