Nascar

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Updated Chase standings after Martinsville. Texas next week. 48(4044 pts), 11 and 20 (-5), 18 (-8), 22 (-12), 4 (-24), 41 (-26), 19 (-40) All points are behind the leader. Harvick, Kurt Busch and Edwards will need to win most likely now to transfer.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just watched the race after listening to the end of it on the truck radio this afternoon. I don't think Keselowski was gonna catch Johnson with out the help of a caution. I take back my earlier comments on the 29 lap caution laps being the deciding factor in the race.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was still very unusual!

Just watched the race after listening to the end of it on the truck radio this afternoon. I don't think Keselowski was gonna catch Johnson with out the help of a caution. I take back my earlier comments on the 29 lap caution laps being the deciding factor in the race.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was still very unusual!
Yeah a lot of talk on Sirius that Nascar should have red flagged the race when they realized it was gonna take a long time to sort it out. One thing sorting out a mess at 2.6 mile Talladega and another at Nascar's smallest track in Martinsville. Its a lot of laps to short the drivers and the fans on a sunny day where weather isn't an issue.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any Ford power fans will be sad to hear this. Doug Yates was on Sirius yesterday and said his dad Robert Yates, the brains behind all that big horsepower on all disciplines of Ford racing cars has been diagnosed with liver cancer. Very sad news for one of the most respected and nicest people the sport has ever seen. When he wasn't building winning race engines for Davey Allison, Ernie Irvan, Dale Jarrett or the Roushketeers, Matt Kenseth, Greg Biffle, Kurt Busch and Carl Edwards he could be found in the shop sweeping floors or overseeing the dyno room. Best wishes Robert!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1st practice is over at Texas. Here's the poop: 4-19-20-22-21-24-41-42-47-13 Harvick and Edwards look hungry.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A bit of a surprise in qualifying today with Austin Dillon on the pole in the lone star state. Here is the top 10 qualifiers: 3-22-4-2-42-27-20-21-19-41

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will be a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2nd practice results are in. Not sure what to make of it? Looks like some guys are playing possum? 21-47-17-13-27-95-24-6-22-16

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cream is rising to the top. Half way through Happy Hour is half done and the top 3 are 2-22-78

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I better add a few hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better add a few more Ray. They are just on the track now and moved to TSN 2.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great race tonight with Logano dominating early then Truex took his turn but Carl Edwards on a great pitstop beat the 78 car out of the pits and won it in a rainout! He moves on to the final 4 with Jimmie Johnson in Homestead. Here is your top 10 finishers: 19-22-78-24-18-4-20-5-11-31

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chase results after Texas are tight,tight,tight with 3 points separating 4 cars!

Johnson-in
Edwards-in
Logano-+1
Kyle-+1
Kenseth - -1
Hamlin- -2
Harvick- -18
Kurt - -34

Kurt and Harvick have to win at Phoenix and Harvick has the history to back it up. Will be a great race at Phoenix next week and I will be there to see it. Should be a great race!

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wonder if Bubba Wallace Jr is gonna get fined for his potty mouth during the post accident interview tonight? Sure he's had a hard week losing his grandmother but I hope Nascar doesn't give him a free pass just because of the circumstances. Nascar would fine the driver any other day and I hope they do here too. They need to be consistent in there calls

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Missed most of Bubba's interview, went to make a drink after he was having a hard time composing himself for the interview.

Glad to see Elliott Sadler wasn't docked points for the lug nut infraction.

Wonder if Bubba Wallace Jr is gonna get fined for his potty mouth during the post accident interview tonight? Sure he's had a hard week losing his grandmother but I hope Nascar doesn't give him a free pass just because of the circumstances. Nascar would fine the driver any other day and I hope they do here too. They need to be consistent in there calls

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow was a great weekend of racing in the desert! Kyle Busch stunk the joint out Saturday night in the Xfinity race but being my first night race it was a huge treat with temps close to 90 farenheit both days. Great seeing the sparks fly in the corners and on the backstretch dogleg live for the first time. All races should be night races in my opinion. Sundays race was a nail biter to the very end. Lots of drama as Chasers moved in and out of the final four as positions changed. Logano had the best car of the 4 for the better part of the day but wasn't the best on long green flag runs later. Matt made a huge mistake diving down low in corner 1 on the second last restart that cost him a spot in the final 4 after making contact with Bowman who had some help from Kyle Busch. Joey snuck through for P1 for the second and last overtime restart. It was cool to see him pumping his fist at the start finish line as he took the win. So Logano and Kyle Busch transfer to Homestead next week for all the marbles. Whos everyone picking for the win next Sunday?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joey was fastest in first practice today at Miami but that didn't translates into a great qualifying run. Harvick and Keselowski
on the front row with chasers Kyle and Carl 9th and 10th and Joey and Jimmie are 13th and 14th. Should be action packed as these guys race to the front!

Top Bottom