Nascar

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Roger Penske has spoken. He said he talked to NASCAR about abnormalities with the new wheels. He said they never got back to him before the race weekend?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NO PENALTIES for RFK/Penske modifiying their wheels.
NASCAR says it met with Next Gen suppliers and teams to discuss the wheels, then "made small adjustments to increase the upper tolerance on pin and pilot bores for Fontana."

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NASCAR TALK | NBC SPORTS Select DriverSubscribe:

NASCAR does not penalize RFK Racing, Team Penske for wheel modifications​

By Dustin LongFeb 23, 2022, 5:13 PM EST

0 Comments

NASCAR will not penalize RFK Racing and Team Penske for questions found with both organization’s wheels last week at Daytona International Speedway.
Series officials did penalize two teams for having wheels come off their cars during last weekend’s Daytona 500.
NASCAR confiscated wheels from Team Penske and RFK Racing last Friday. Both organizations claimed they were making safety-related modifications to the drive pin holes.
Section 14.1.N of the Cup Rule Book states: “Holes, stud, and pin locations may be tapped and/or reamed to return them to their original nominal size. Threaded inserts may be used to repair damaged threaded holes.”
NASCAR saw evidence that both teams did some reaming. On Tuesday, series officials met with several teams to discuss wheels and pit stops. That led to a change for this weekend’s Cup race at Auto Club Speedway.
NASCAR explained the change in a statement Wednesday: “NASCAR met with Next Gen suppliers and several race teams this week to discuss wheel specifications. Following that discussion, NASCAR made small adjustments to increase the upper tolerance on pin and pilot bores for Fontana. NASCAR will reevaluate with suppliers and race teams and determine a path forward following this weekend’s race.”

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_2068.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Inspection issues in Fontana. Kurt Busch will do a pass through penalty after the green flag drops for failing pre race inspection 3 times.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Other teams that failed twice and lost their car chiefs are ;
Harvick team
Keselowski team
Blaney team
Logano team
Bubba Wallace team
7 car team

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone here done the nascar experience .... i did when we were in vegas three weeks ago ... an absolute blast ... although i wish i would of gone for longer.... there was a mid to late sixties lady that went for 32 mins

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have rode with a professional driver at Orlando and done the driving experience once at Orlando, twice at Vegas and Rusty Wallaces school at Medicine Hat Andrew. Highly recommend it and hope to do Talledega at some point.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are the top 10 fastest drivers from practice today:
Hamlin
Kyle Busch
Reddick
Logano
Bowman
Byron
Wallace
Keselowski
Bell
Jones

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Harvick, Wallace and Chastain spun and will start at the back for crashes in practice. Buescher and Bell spun as well but will qualify. Harvicks and Chastains cars were damaged very bad and will go to back ups. Interesting note. Harvick will use the only back up car that SHR has for the 4 cars they will race so expect the other three cars on the team to tip toe through the qualifying format as they can't afford to crash.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More spins in final round qualifying as Keselowski, Byron, Elliott and Logano all spin. Only Logano will need repairs as he hit the wall. Here is the top 10 starters tomorrow:

Cindric
Jones
Kyle Busch
Hamlin
Hemric
Blaney
Logano
Keselowski
Elliott
Byron

Congrats to Austin who seems to have great momentum going right now in the 2 car!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nascar now saying that Logano, Keselowski, Byron and Elliott will start at the rear of the field for unapproved adjustments. Meaning they needed to change tires to start the race and this isn't allowed so Brad and the boys will have some passing to do.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone here done the nascar experience .... i did when we were in vegas three weeks ago ... an absolute blast ... although i wish i would of gone for longer.... there was a mid to late sixties lady that went for 32 mins
Did you drive or ride along? Daytona and the NASCAR driving experience is on my bucket list. I did the Skip Barber Racing School in Ontario at the Canadian Tire Motorsports Park a couple years ago. 989C5B9D-B970-403F-A900-27E0272080DD.jpeg A474ADB1-9E71-46C4-8540-5C193CD423C2.jpeg

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I blew the trans in the number 10 car. Never got a bill for it. Lol. Got tired and had arm pump. Missed a shift!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NASCAR has a big problem with this car. I hope they figure out a solution. If a car spins into the grass it needs a tow truck to get it back to the track as they get stuck. Kinda the chits losing laps because you are stuck in dry grass.

Top Bottom