Nascar

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hers your top 10 starters for tomorrow nights race at Kansas: 21-22-78-17-18-4111-4-42-24

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wild one in Kansas tonight. It was the Blaney and Truex show with Martin taking the win at the end. The race was marred by a huge crash with Logano blowing a brake rotor and taking out Danica with Amirola collected in the firery crash. Thoughts with Almirola who was airlifted to hospital after safety crews had to cut him out of his race car. Here were the top 10 finishers: 78-2-4-21-18-42-19-1-14-6

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice win for Truex. Saw the crash, was an good one. Enjoyed the interviews after. Logano felt like chit, and was worried about Aric. Danica on the other hand...me me me. Stupid accident, we have bad luck, I'm so mad... Aric's car wasn't that bad compared to mine... A real Cee U Next Tuesday. Wouldn't expect anything different from that classless bitch.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice win for Truex. Saw the crash, was an good one. Enjoyed the interviews after. Logano felt like chit, and was worried about Aric. Danica on the other hand...me me me. Stupid accident, we have bad luck, I'm so mad... Aric's car wasn't that bad compared to mine... A real Cee U Next Tuesday. Wouldn't expect anything different from that classless bitch.
I agree Zal. She was more worried about herself. She still blamed Joey for having a brake failure? Yeah well maybe if you pushed your car like he did you would be on the podium like him instead of an also ran.

Reactions: zal

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RPM just released info on Aric Amirola just a few minutes ago. He suffered a compression fracture of the T5 vertabrae in his back resulting from his high speed crash into Logano and Patrick last night. Further info on who will drive the 43 car next weekend will be released this week.

• Thanks

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was definitely a hard kick, I thought the back axle was going to part company.
I'm not sure if it's just me, but I wasn't overly impressed with the amount of time it took the rescue crews to cut the roof away. They would cut a piece, fight with the tool, slide it across to the other side for another guy to fight with it. Maybe Arff or somebody in the rescue biz can chime in and say whether that was normal or not. Just curious is all

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was definitely a hard kick, I thought the back axle was going to part company.
I'm not sure if it's just me, but I wasn't overly impressed with the amount of time it took the rescue crews to cut the roof away. They would cut a piece, fight with the tool, slide it across to the other side for another guy to fight with it. Maybe Arff or somebody in the rescue biz can chime in and say whether that was normal or not. Just curious is all

I recorded the race, have not watched it again to time extrication.

From what I saw.

They started with what's called a roof flap, IMO, and I have tried a lot it's a waste of time. 2 more cuts and the roof is off at the rear.

2 cutters one down each side. Cut A, B, C pillar, cut window at lower end. Also the roll cage is extra cuts.

No air bags to worry about that makes it faster.

Only 1 person in charge giving orders

It seems they discussed steps a lot and too many in charge.

With training and calls probably have done a few hundred extrications.

Just my opinion on how it went.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recorded the race, have not watched it again to time extrication.

From what I saw.

They started with what's called a roof flap, IMO, and I have tried a lot it's a waste of time. 2 more cuts and the roof is off at the rear.

2 cutters one down each side. Cut A, B, C pillar, cut window at lower end. Also the roll cage is extra cuts.

No air bags to worry about that makes it faster.

Only 1 person in charge giving orders

It seems they discussed steps a lot and too many in charge.

With training and calls probably have done a few hundred extrications.

Just my opinion on how it went.

Funny, was thinking the same thing. Roof flap maybe had its place at one time. We've done them and moved to removing the whole roof.

They've seemed to have an issue removing the windshield as it took a long time.

Way too many people on scene, too many Chiefs, not enough Indians.

But hey, its been 10 years since I've cut a roof off, maybe they've changed the procedure again. LOL

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny, was thinking the same thing. Roof flap maybe had its place at one time. We've done them and moved to removing the whole roof.

They've seemed to have an issue removing the windshield as it took a long time.

Way too many people on scene, too many Chiefs, not enough Indians.

But hey, its been 10 years since I've cut a roof off, maybe they've changed the procedure again. LOL

Procedure has not changed.
Just look for air bags now

• Thanks

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess who? Regan Smith selected to drive the 43 car this weekend in the All Star open race. Nascars perennial back up driver.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kyle Busch makes a daring move to win the All Star race and $1,000,000. Here were the top 10 finishers: 18-42-48-41-1-4-24-22-2-11

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today Nascar named the 5 inductee's into the Nascar Hall of Fame in 2018. The winners were chosen and here they are: Robert Yates, Red Byron, Ray Evernham, Ken Squier and Jim France. Congrats to all but notably Robert Yates who is fighting for his life with cancer. Hopefully he can accept his award in person and not receive it after his death.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First practice in the books at Charlotte for the Coke 600 Sunday night: 77-48-42-11-4-20-2-21-18-1

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Few notable's such as the 11-42 and 48 car hit the wall pretty good in that practice

Top Bottom