Nascar

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard that JGR has had their oil pans confiscated. Apparently a new design that wasn't inspected/approved by Nascar. So Hamlin, Logano and Douche Canoe may get some points taken off depending on the out come.

yep go figure the JGR crew is cheatting again. Guess they're not that competitive when they follow the rules. Sounds like there could be a hefty fine to JGR as a whole depending how it goes through. they got off pretty lightly last week hope nascar bends them over this time and maybe they will learn.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a feeling about Jr. this weekend! so I'll go #88 and team mate #48 again :beer:

Jr is a given every week for me then I pick 2 more to win but this week I think Jr. is gonna slay the whole field so Im saying Jr. or his old man teammate Mark the kid Martin. He might be older then the hills but he looks strong this week.:beer::beer::beer:

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep go figure the JGR crew is cheatting again. Guess they're not that competitive when they follow the rules. Sounds like there could be a hefty fine to JGR as a whole depending how it goes through. they got off pretty lightly last week hope nascar bends them over this time and maybe they will learn.

I do like to hate on the Toyota's especially JGR! but I do like the guys pushing the rules, wish I could have seen the old days with Junior Johnson and Smokey Yunick I read a story that Smokey won a fuel millage race so nascar tore his car apart afrter the race, and couldn't find anything, then Smokey got feed up said screw you guys if you can't figgure it out, hopped in fired it up and drove to the hauler with he gas tank still sitting on the floor! :beer:

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do like to hate on the Toyota's especially JGR! but I do like the guys pushing the rules, wish I could have seen the old days with Junior Johnson and Smokey Yunick I read a story that Smokey won a fuel millage race so nascar tore his car apart afrter the race, and couldn't find anything, then Smokey got feed up said screw you guys if you can't figgure it out, hopped in fired it up and drove to the hauler with he gas tank still sitting on the floor! :beer:

Too funny! Thats back when everybody had sense of humor, it wasn't so corporate back then. :beer:
I also read about, when they were weighing their cars sometimes they would leave gloves on the seat or a roll of duct tape on the dash, which is fine, except the gloves were filled with lead and the duct tape wasn't duct tape but lead with a wrap of duct tape around it. Some pretty funny stories from back in the day. :d

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jayski's is saying that the oil pans which normally weigh about 4 lbs. weighed in at 20-30 lbs. This allowed them to remove weight from one area and put it somewhere more beneficial. How many weeks now has Kyle been in the news?:nono:

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jayski's is saying that the oil pans which normally weigh about 4 lbs. weighed in at 20-30 lbs. This allowed them to remove weight from one area and put it somewhere more beneficial. How many weeks now has Kyle been in the news?:nono:

Think this may be a reason why DC was a little too low in the front end the other week?

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I gotta give them credit for trying but I'm happy it bit them in the a$$! :beer:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think this may be a reason why DC was a little too low in the front end the other week?

Not sure. The car was low on the left side but the right was ok. Probably spring fatigue. The bump stops are hard on springs. Just guessing though.:confused::beer:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Woody, our buddy Kyle said on the prerace today it was a fatigued LH front spring from to much heat. Maybe they shouldn't have put the torch to it back at the shop. Whatta you think? Lol.:d:d:beer:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hamlin gets his 1st win of the year with a sideways Kenseth a close second and the douche 3rd. Great finish but without a late race caution it was gonna be another fuel miler. Thanks Junior for the caution.:d:beer:

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hamlin gets his 1st win of the year with a sideways Kenseth a close second and the douche 3rd. Great finish but without a late race caution it was gonna be another fuel miler. Thanks Junior for the caution.:d:beer:

DC was in in sixth on the restart and jumped 3 positions right away...gotta say... was a little worried for a minute or two :) :beer:
Would have liked to see Edwards take it. What happened to Gordon...did he have a bad last pit? He was in the top ten and then ends up in 17th !

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what happened to Gordon today. I know the announcers said he didn't have a really great car this weekend.:confused::confused::beer:

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was watching him in the pit and he was in forever. He came in 7th and looked like the last guy to leave pit row.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was watching him in the pit and he was in forever. He came in 7th and looked like the last guy to leave pit row.

They said today on Sirrius that he took 4 tires and the rest of the field took 2. Couldn't overcome the track position. They also said today that multiple sources close to Red Bull have said that Red Bull is leaving Nascar at the end of the season. There will be a complete liquidation of all buildings, cars, haulers ,etc. Here is yoiur big chance to cash out the farm Zeebs and get into racing. Lol.:eek::eek::d:beer:

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They said today on Sirrius that he took 4 tires and the rest of the field took 2. Couldn't overcome the track position. They also said today that multiple sources close to Red Bull have said that Red Bull is leaving Nascar at the end of the season. There will be a complete liquidation of all buildings, cars, haulers ,etc. Here is yoiur big chance to cash out the farm Zeebs and get into racing. Lol.:eek::eek::d:beer:

I was thinking zeebs and snopro's race shop but your kinda partial to FORD:nono:. So I am seeing a conflict of intrest here:d

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Missed out on picks last week guys but I see than Newman had a good race :d. The wife and I took off to Washington state to catch the Dirt Cup at Skagit Speedway outside of Burlington. Great time watching the 410 sprints for three nights rippin' up that little 3/10 mile track.

Road course coming up this week right? I'll go with Robby Gordon.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard VW is looking at getting in. What was your take on Lindsay Lohans driving skills in the last Love Bug movie. Think it was real?;);)

she would make for some good marketing too:d:beer:

Top Bottom