Mud pro?

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would one day like to get a mud quad, was looking at the kitty cat mudpros and they are pretty sick looking. Im by no means a cat fan(I like my bombardier) I like them one because they come stock snorkeled.
But I heard they are geared to low and are easy to flip when coming out of creeks and going up hills. Also heard they dont handle well when trail riding. Any input?

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would one day like to get a mud quad, was looking at the kitty cat mudpros and they are pretty sick looking. Im by no means a cat fan(I like my bombardier) I like them one because they come stock snorkeled.
But I heard they are geared to low and are easy to flip when coming out of creeks and going up hills. Also heard they dont handle well when trail riding. Any input?

just mod a normal quad. In my eye the only thing I like about the mudpro is the nice looking snorkels

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River

i also heard that their not that trail friendly, factory warranteed snorks are a nice perk tho. same w the upgraded tires.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ill tell you a secret.

jacked up atvs don't handle as well as stock atv's

the Mud pro is a great machine imho.

i also like the can-am mud bike aswell

you should go look at both.

if your going to run mud you cant go wrong getting a built for application bike.

my bike has flipped rear hub and heavy stiff springs and it sits really high if you set it beside a stock grizzly.

and this bike is tippy as hell compared to when it was stock.

but for mudding it goes through hell and back.

as for mod your own bike comments.

i would not go down that road ever again in my life.

buy the AC or the CAN-AM. make sure the snorkels are bolted up air tight before first ride throw some meats on it.. turn the key and go.

spend more time riding and less time wrenching and fixing things you broke in the process.

more seat time less back time is a win imho.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the guys I ride with bought one last year, I realy liked it and was thinking it would be my next quad but after going out a couple times over the summer, I soon realised that it wasn't all that afer all. Like you said, not a very friendly trail quad, likes to tip and is rather heavy.
I'd look at the can-am renegade if your just looking for a muddin/trail type quad.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you like Can-Am and want a mud quad, why not get a Can-Am Outlander 800 XMR?

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tbh im not sure what people expect a mud quad to be.

its a ATV they made a hidden custom snorkel for.

lifted slightly

did some custom clutch work to it

beefed a few other things up as well.

put some tires on it and sold with full warranty.

---

the 800XMR looks to be a really good setup due to being able to adjust ride height which seems most peoples largest complaint about the mudpro it also has a relocated rad which is something hard to overlook. it also has that 800R motor so some solid pep the AMAX frame is long but should keep things more stable coming out of the holes.

Since AC released the 1000MP though that part is give or take really and it would be slightly longer which should help fight that flipping back stuff the 700s were having problems with.

but there is still the fully adjustable suspension going for the can-am i really like the thought behind that but it may just be one more thing to screw up in the mud time will tell.

Im a big fan of these mud bikes its a good step forward imho.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you put the factory swaybar on the mud pro it is a lot nicer to ride on the trails.Arctic cat is the only one to not install a swaybar from the factory. You lose a bit of articulation over stock but imho it is worth it.

05Cummins

Reaction score
tbh im not sure what people expect a mud quad to be.

its a ATV they made a hidden custom snorkel for.

lifted slightly

did some custom clutch work to it

beefed a few other things up as well.

put some tires on it and sold with full warranty.

---

the 800XMR looks to be a really good setup due to being able to adjust ride height which seems most peoples largest complaint about the mudpro it also has a relocated rad which is something hard to overlook. it also has that 800R motor so some solid pep the AMAX frame is long but should keep things more stable coming out of the holes.

Since AC released the 1000MP though that part is give or take really and it would be slightly longer which should help fight that flipping back stuff the 700s were having problems with.

but there is still the fully adjustable suspension going for the can-am i really like the thought behind that but it may just be one more thing to screw up in the mud time will tell.

Im a big fan of these mud bikes its a good step forward imho.

I bought the XMR and it was a tough choice over the 1000MP but the ride control and the power of the twin rotax sold me.

I extended the snorkle to the top of the pod and now I can go as deep as the MP.

30 inch backs and 3 year Warranty BEST will even cover the CVs for the XMRs

As much as I like the MPs Cat has to do some major work to catch up

It is a big bike and it is called the swamp donkey but its way more stable in the mud or trail then the MP 1000 my bud has he is 100 percent die hard cat.
But if he could afford an XMR he admited he would have one till Cat steps up.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have looked at lots of ACs but they all look cheap to me. The plastic look flimsy and the snorkels make it look goofy. They look like a toy quad. The XMR on the other hand looks like a beast built to top notch standards. If axles were free I would build my own mud quad. But the fact can-am gives warranty on a mud-stock would be enough for me to buy it.

Now for Kawasaki to release the much fabled 850/1000 brute force with a mud package :rolleyes:

MUDISFUN

Reaction score

My wife and I were at the Forestburg mud bog last year. Arctic Cat had a tent set up to showcase there machines,including there mud pro, sad part was not one Cat made it through the hole, pretty abbaresing if you ask me.
The only three machines that made it were Can Am, Polaris, and Kawasaki. The final race was Brute and Gade, the Gade winning.
Still want an over priced mud pro?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It really depends on the rider....I had no problem climbing all the hills into Onion Lake (Tumbler Ridge). The low gearing really helped too.

I am not brand loyal...I just like what I like.... and I buy it.
The mudpro has worked really well for me so far... the only thing I have done was back off the pre-load b/c I never pit race anyways. haha

If your thinking of buying one....I saw a few ads on kijiji for brand new 2010's
@ $9K

Cheers

MUDISFUN

Reaction score
It really depends on the rider....I had no problem climbing all the hills into Onion Lake (Tumbler Ridge). The low gearing really helped too.

I am not brand loyal...I just like what I like.... and I buy it.
The mudpro has worked really well for me so far... the only thing I have done was back off the pre-load b/c I never pit race anyways. haha

If your thinking of buying one....I saw a few ads on kijiji for brand new 2010's
@ $9K

Cheers

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash Arctic Cat. I think all toys are over priced. Sh%t I have more money in my quad than my truck is worth. I just thought it was pretty sad on Arctic Cat's part to have a showing like that at a mod bog event. You know they were there to promote there product, at least put someone on the machine that is going to make it perform to it's potential. 9 grand is a pretty good price, is that a 1000 or a 700? I know for 1000's when the 2009 came out they for over 12 k and same for 2010's. Unless I'm lookin in all the wrong places.

mrman

Reaction score
I have a 2011 mudpro and not one problem yet. All my friends have 2010's and keep blowing axles.The 2011 have the bigger axles

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take a GOOD HARD LOOK at the Can-Am before spending any $$$ on an AC...

You will thank yourself later on down the road...

Or, as suggested, try out a RENEGADE..the most fun machine I have had the chance to take for a weekend!!

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 500 ac ...not one problem and it started first try at 8:00 this morning to plow.No block heater just a battery tender

Top Bottom