mounting sled deck like a flat deck, any pics??

stusnow

Reaction score
I'd like to start a project truck to be used just for sledding.

has anyone pulled the box off their truck and permanently mounted a sled deck in it's place? any pictures out there?

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had the same thought a few times. Never seen or heard of it being done

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did that to my last truck after the box got rusty. It worked really well. Way more comfortable loading when your not going 6 feet + in the air. Easier tying stuff down too. I miss that truck. Sorry, couldn't find any pics.

stusnow

Reaction score
Did u weld cross braces to truck frame and mount the sled deck to that? Or did u take the legs off the sleddeck?

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a deck we built for a customer years ago, it was basically one of our old style sled decks without the legs, we then built standoffs along the frame to make the mounting surface flat. He wanted it really short as he just hauled quads, he didn't want to spend the extra on the composite decking. It did have the slide out sides which was a nice option. It gives you an idea anyways.

Attachments

• pic 245.jpg
    pic 245.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 307
  • pic 247.jpg
    pic 247.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 257

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I'd like to start a project truck to be used just for sledding.

has anyone pulled the box off their truck and permanently mounted a sled deck in it's place? any pictures out there?

Fernie snow on the site has this setup

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did u weld cross braces to truck frame and mount the sled deck to that? Or did u take the legs off the sleddeck?

Built the deck custom from the frame up. Bolted to the frame. Built out of steel 'cuz I don't have the equipment or talent to weld aluminum.

Top Bottom