Mountain Addiction tunnel bag -- Zipper Issue

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
On Saturday, it seems the Mountain Addiction bag on our 2012 decided it no longer wanted to zip up and the zipper gave up. Has anyone had similar issues with these bags? Is there a better zipper that it can be replaced with? The bag is handy, but the elastics on top stretched to crap in a very short time after purchase, and now the zipper has packed it in. It's off "warranty" period but I'm not sure I'm willing to spend the cash to get another with the way this one has not held up.

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, mine have done the same, just take some needle nose pliers and lightly squeeze the back end of the zipper down until it works. Wax or silicon spray the coils up too

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, mine have done the same, just take some needle nose pliers and lightly squeeze the back end of the zipper down until it works. Wax or silicon spray the coils up too
I think she pulled the one zipper pull right off. I'll have to check when I get it off the truck into the garage.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, I ended up going to a PowderKeg setup, way better imo

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue with 3 of my bags. I spoke with mountain addiction and you can purchase the outer shell without having to buy the plastic Jerry can base. It is a bit cheaper, but still not “cheap”. The good news is that they have updated their zippers now….. although there was “never any issues with them” lol

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I have the same issue with 3 of my bags. I spoke with mountain addiction and you can purchase the outer shell without having to buy the plastic Jerry can base. It is a bit cheaper, but still not “cheap”. The good news is that they have updated their zippers now….. although there was “never any issues with them” lol
interesting, I'll have to look into that!

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing. Ended up going with a

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing. Ended up going with a
We might have to do the same...... I'll see once I pull the sled into the garage figure out what's up with the bag.

gforce_15

Reaction score
call 250-765-1097 . place in BC that is the canadian distributor for Mountain Addiction. They sell the canvas/bag part for each container for 50% of the entire bag. I'm looking at getting a local seamstress to replace the zippers on mine as both of my bags are pretty much shot regarding zippers

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My zipper started to act up when I was in deep fine powder when it was cold. Two rides ago I couldn't unzip one zipper as I close them in the middle. After it thawed, its been good.

dukabor

Reaction score
Ive been using zipper lube on mine and luckily no issues…. Fingers crossed…. probably a good thing for any zipper really

Tuesdayyx

Reaction score
They replaced mine for a nominal fee with the updated design. Bottom part is just a gas can with the top cut off. I had 2x fail.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
call 250-765-1097 . place in BC that is the canadian distributor for Mountain Addiction. They sell the canvas/bag part for each container for 50% of the entire bag. I'm looking at getting a local seamstress to replace the zippers on mine as both of my bags are pretty much shot regarding zippers
I sent them an email, see what they get back to me with.

Treerider

Reaction score
I sent them an email, see what they get back to me with.
I ran the small and big Mountain Addiction storage bags for 6 years. Worked great and only once had issue with zipper on the big bag. It peels right off the plastic box and I had John @ CY Upholstery out of Fort Sask repair it. Quick and did a great job! Switched to the Linq setup so went to the BCA tunnel bag as well.

Top Bottom