most secure set up for sled and motel

jpow

Reaction score
whats the best set up for security of sleds at motels, sled deck chained in , enclosed trailer? I would think most motels revy / golden are pretty secure are most sleders taking any extra thoughts of best parking ie. close to office or backed against a pole or extra trailer locking systems or in back of trucks. I would think you would here your truck alarm sound if anyone was trying to lift a sled out and wake a whole lot of sleders. just trying to learn more so i can sleep better...if any have some tips let me know.
thanks..

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats the best set up for security of sleds at motels, sled deck chained in , enclosed trailer? I would think most motels revy / golden are pretty secure are most sleders taking any extra thoughts of best parking ie. close to office or backed against a pole or extra trailer locking systems or in back of trucks. I would think you would here your truck alarm sound if anyone was trying to lift a sled out and wake a whole lot of sleders. just trying to learn more so i can sleep better...if any have some tips let me know.
thanks..

I use the biggest Kyrptonite cables I could buy and Kryptonite locks to secure the trailer to the truck frame and the sleds to the trailer. Truck gets immobilized. Sometimes I think an enclosed trailer invites the scumbags to take it cause they think an enclosed must have something pretty special inside.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chains and locks are for honest thieves. When or if you find something other than a rabid pit bull chained to the unit or someone with a shot gun sitting there let me know so I can do the same thing.

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friend has an alarm system, somewhat like used in stores. He has his battery inside and large horn in trailer. He has this thing so set up that your shadow will trigger his alarm (not really). It has gone off a couple of times, but trailer is still his:beer:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I allways disable the fuel pump in the truck so it cant be started even if hot wired. also turn the stearing wheel all the way to one side and let it lock (they like to pull the tranny cable and push the truck away from your room if it is straight) I also bought a $10 alarm that is a cable. if you bump the sled or try to cut the cable the alarm goes off.......best $10 I spent (princess auto!) lol. and park really close to your room! when in revy I got up twice because of someone elses alarm and went and walk through the parking lot at 4 am. Im going to catch these ba$tards!

Nadz

Reaction score
thanks..

You need to take shifts watching your investment. So when those little b*s*ards come and check out your goodies, you can nail them.
Back in 95... We had our goodies stolen in Revy! What we figured was, the real thieves send teenage kids out to check it all out. See what they need to get the goods, eg; tools, jack, cutters, etc. The kids determine weather or not the truck and all go, or just the trailer, or just the sleds... These kids are sent out so the thieves can come in and have all your ch!t gone within seconds.:nono: Kinda smart! Legally you can't do any thing to the kids but call the cops on suspicion. If anyone you don't know is checking out your rides, I would be suspicious. If you can catch it early, chances are, your goin riding in the morning.
Another tool is... Take lots of batteries with you... Leave a beacon hidden somewhere or a tracking GPS. Leave it on. I guarantee you that those sleds don't go far right after they've been stolen. Really , it only takes seconds to steel anything. If you have someone watching periodically you can pin point an exact time it was taken. Immediately call the cops, they know the places in the area that they have to check. I'd put money on it that your goods are in someones shop in town. With the beacons or GPS you can narrow it down. With that the cops have just cause to search the building. If we just leave it up to insurance and the cops alone, this problem will never be solved. We have to play their game in order to put these guys away for a while.
You hear a lot of trucks and sleds getting stolen and a lot of times the goods are found but no one is ever charged :rant: It's up to us guys...

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard of thieves carrying the fuses and relays that guys pull from their trucks, thinking they are disabled. It's as simple as a trip to the Ford parts store.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Simple snap-on tool box alarm. If it moves the thing shrieks. Its mobile so you can store them anywhere. Good joke in the fridge at night in the off season!!

hogster008

Reaction score
I just keep hitting stuff with me sled and am to cheap to fix so it looks like a piece of junk and the guys move to the next one lol.

Top Bottom