Mongoose Fix Kit???

csharko

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of the Mongoose Fix Kit? Went to my local Polaris dealer as they told me they had the MNTK Fix Kit on the shelf, when I got there it had Mongoose on the box, they said it was exactly the same, I need some info on this kit to see if it is as good as the MNTK, I am going to phone mongoose on Monday to see what they have to say, I have used there products in the past and never had any issuies, has anyone used this kit and if so could you let me know what you think.
Thanks.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They look like a very similar kit, both run a cylinder shim, and wiseco pistons, I'd almost be willing to bet they run identical pistons. The Mongoose kit runs an aluminum cylinder shim and the MTNTek runs a zinc plated steel shim however.

csharko

Reaction score
Yes they do look very similar, trying to find piston part # for both kits but I am having a tough time, I believe they are both forged, thanks for the info, I am hoping someone has put some miles on there kit to let me know how it is performing.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they do look very similar, trying to find piston part # for both kits but I am having a tough time, I believe they are both forged, thanks for the info, I am hoping someone has put some miles on there kit to let me know how it is performing.

I'm not a 100% sure they would be the same pistons, i was also told they are arctic cat 800 pistons in the kit as well but who knows on that one.

I have had good luck with my MTNTek kit though, 2400km so far all with the turbo on 7lbs boost, pulled it apart last year with 1200kms on the kit and all still looked good.

Top Bottom