Mega Cab Rough Ride

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No offence meant HRT Offroad, but you are being bias for sure (hard not too I guess when you only sell carli). First off, grouping together all lift kits is like grouping together the performance suspension carli, kore, and thuren. Then again some lift kits brands could, and should be considered performance suspension. And well, as we all know kore is garbage. So would it be fair to say carli and thuren are to because they are in the same group? No.

For example comparing rough country to BDS isn't even close. BDS and many others make very good kits. Second, comparing a basic kit to one with all the extras is night and day. I mean, blocks vs replacement leafs. Track bar drop bracket compared to new track bar. Coil spacers vs new coils. Long arms vs short arms Etc etc.

I have had nearly every major brand of suspension on a truck at one time, and there is a HUGE difference I have had the cheap to all the add ons. I will say however, 99% of kits if done with common sense will provide as good as stock steering, handling, and ride. Yea a cheap spacer kit with white body shocks will ride rougher for sure. But stock parts are nothing great to begin with. As far as angles, for some reason every truck is different. But 6" or less, most kits do fine. However some trucks will require a transfer case indexing ring, and carrier barring drop kit if you got a 2 piece driveshaft. But the biggest part of ANY lift is the person doing the alignment. My last truck I took it to a shop paid $250 for them to make it drive like absolute garbage, they couldn't even set caster right with adjustable long arms. Took probably 10 hours, but after that it drove 100x better then stock, and that is lifted 8". And didn't even require a indexing ring for the front driveshaft.

O and just FYI, carli costs both arms and legs.....After all the hype surrounding kore and trying one out, I wouldn't even go close to a carli kit without first being in a truck with it's parts. You can't watch their videos on youtube and go by that for anything. Editing, and knowing physics deceive a LOT of things.

Cyle,

No offence taken, however, I couldn't disagree with you more:D I have sold, installed. and tuned suspensions from KORE, Thuren and Carli. This combined with 16 years of personal experience solely in the suspension industry, has allowed me the privilege to work on just about anything out there. I don't sell Carli Suspension exclusively because I have to. I sell it because I 110% believe in the product and they 110% believe in me. Carli is really the only one of the "BIG 3" that has been willing to listen to my suggestions on what they need to do in order to make their SoCal suspension work in the adverse Canadian climate. Does BDS, Procomp or Rough Country do this? The answer is most likely "NO" They all make suspension for the masses and for every make and model under the sun.

95% of our business and installs are exclusive to Dodge 2500/3500 trucks. I have built and raced a Dodge 2500 w/cummins Diesel in the '06 and '07 Baja 1000 in a KORE equipped truck with NO suspension failures...does this put forth that KORE is garbage? NO...they have a great product, but haven't had the sense to adapt it to the Canadian climate. Don Thuren - Awesome guy and awesome products, but unfortunately, he is a one man band and can't supply the demand that we require to keep our oil and gas guys happy in a timely fashion. I personally used quite a few of his products on my last truck and they worked well HRT Testing - YouTube (no smoke and mirrors with this Vid :D)

Cyle...I guess what I'm getting at is; Dodge truck Suspension is my life, business and passion. I have the choice to sell whatever I want and I CHOOSE Carli - because it is the BEST:D And they are more than reasonably priced for what you get...full suspension systems starting at under $1600...Not bad considering it vastly improves the ride and handling in your $60K+ truck!?!?
I'll tell you what - I will be installing one of Carli's new 6" systems on my 2012 within the next month or so. Extend me an invitation, and I'd love to come up to Edmonton and take you for the ride of your life:D Then you can make a honest comparison...I'll let you be the judge:)

Last edited:

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, when i bought the truck not to long agao it had the death wobble in the front end , so I had alot of parts in the front end replaced along with the shocks, however the shocks were the low quality ones from the dealer and I dont think that they work well with the lift. Is there any shops in edmonton that sell these kits from Carli and do they cost an arm and a leg?

Give Steve and Lisa @ Khaos Kustoms in Stony Plain a call. They sell Carli and are awesome people to deal with:beer::beer:

pwdrhnd

Reaction score
I run a carli 2.0 in my 2010 mega cab, 3500 with their long travel air bags. It rides 100 times better than a stock truck. Bought from HRT. All you have to do is get in with someone with a stock truck and you realize how nice it really rides.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HRT your 16yrs experience mean shat when it comes to lifts and Dodge trucks...If Cyle says its junk then its junk...end of argument...LMFAO. On a serious note if you want your truck to ride and handle better give Kevin @ HRT a call...He sells only quality parts and is second to none with installs and service....Cheers.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HRT your 16yrs experience mean shat when it comes to lifts and Dodge trucks...If Cyle says its junk then its junk...end of argument...LMFAO. On a serious note if you want your truck to ride and handle better give Kevin @ HRT a call...He sells only quality parts and is second to none with installs and service....Cheers.

Another child left behind........

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok i have checked out all these great lifts and great shocks........ Still have no idea why you need that crap on your truck!!! Are you racing your truck to the beer store? A stock suspension will chase a coyote across the field at nearly the same speed!?? I have installed custom suspension components, but it was for a toy not a daily driver........

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^DiTTO^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I worked in the 4X4 world along time ago, granted Ive been out of the game for 15 years but I can reconize the differance between Truth and BS !!! period!

Taked to Kevin once, ordered my parts that day! and will continue to and IM in Red Deer!

As for Cyle....dude really? Your telling me you personally have spent $50-$80000 on lifts???? in your life time!

Cyle quote! "I have had nearly every major brand of suspension on a truck at one time, and there is a HUGE difference I have had the cheap to all the add ons"

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cyle, do you ever know when to shut your pie hole? There could be a thread about what brand of tampon fits best and I am sure you would have the authoritative answer for that too!

Last edited:

tnichols10

Reaction score
Thank you for all the awesome input and opinions, It has reallt helped me research out alot of the different perspecives to this dilemma. Im still curious about what a Carli Suspension can still haul though. By no means will I be running a Baja 1000 with my truck, however I do pull a heavy 4 place trailer and and am curious about how much it will get weighed down and if airbags would then be nessecary to help keep the truck level?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to HRT and get the facts Carli is a no compromise company, payloads and trailering all will be capable of stock or better characteristics.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the awesome input and opinions, It has reallt helped me research out alot of the different perspecives to this dilemma. Im still curious about what a Carli Suspension can still haul though. By no means will I be running a Baja 1000 with my truck, however I do pull a heavy 4 place trailer and and am curious about how much it will get weighed down and if airbags would then be nessecary to help keep the truck level?

OK here's the goods. Carli gear maintains stock load carrying capacities, however they systems are designed to somewhat level the truck out (maybe .5" to 1" higher in the rear with Carli vs. 3" higher in the rear stock), so you dont have as much room for the rear of the truck to drop before it is level. So if your tongue weight on your trailer is heavy - you may want to run airbags to maintain a level stance. Carli also has long travel bags that do not effect ride quality when you have no load on the truck. Hope this helps:)

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dodge junk

F@#k dude what are you like 3?
I see your near me,horse lake, didn't want anyone to know your in 100 mile or Lone butte?
The thread is about rough ride, not weather you think Dodge is junk or not. Yes I drive a Dodge,it drives like a truck,want a cushy ride, get a Chev.IMHO The biggest thing with regards to suspension systems is YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

Top Bottom