Mean moose

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm little bit amazed at your reaction to stand up and look big Mom. That was really the best thing to do. Good for you. You must have a lot of outdoor savey. I'm sure not a lot of people would think to do such a thing in a situation like that. I can only imagine the terror going through the mind in a sticky situation like that with the kids in tow.

Thanks! :) We are always up in the bush running into something. Normally bears, but this was really scary becasue that moose wasn't getting off the path, and wasn't going forward, he had made his mind up to come at us immediatly. Looking big was part of it, there is an embarrassing part too. I was trying to make alot of noise, the only thing I came up with was the a-la-la-la zina warrior princess cry. Glad no one was there! hee hee.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of a local here in Fort St. John. It shows that not all moose are mean. Although, I would never try this

Oh my gosh mud lover! that's awesome. We had a moose live with us in Edson. Fish and wildlife gave me hay for him. Hung out by the deck when I was in the hot tub, chased away strangers. Nice! This mean moose was different from the others we have encounterd.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little off topic...
But we have a pet Elk named Wilbor !
We had to bottle feed it from birth.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 20

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little off topic...
But we have a pet Elk named Wilbor !
We had to bottle feed it from birth.

Oh my gosh powertool, my kids are going nuts. They want a roadtrip to come see your elk!

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could just never have an elk or moose for a pet....... I'm afraid to say the crockpot would be goin 24-7...... heh... heh...;)

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh my gosh powertool, my kids are going nuts. They want a roadtrip to come see your elk!
I guess I should have said "Had"... Pout.
unfortunately Wilbor has passed away.
the picture was taken about 7 years ago.
My son was about 6 in the picture, he is now 13...

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled Mom.....you did exactly what was needed.....just glad it was a bluff charge...

Re the work moose picture....I have seen this around and as we have horse's in harness, thought that it was really cool to work with a moose like that.....but if you check it out under snoopes they point out all the flaws in the picture ....turns out it's just someone really good with photoshop....

My sary moose story was when I was 16 and on a hunting trip north of LacLabiche......the proverbial went for a S... leaned my rife against a tree, then leaning agaisnt another with pants down to my ankles seem's I picked a spot inbetween a sleeping cow moose and it's calf....

When she started at me I ran the opposite dierction from the tree with my rifle.....she stopped when I got far enough away from the calf....didnt seem to funny then....but have had several gool laughs since....

Go ahead laugh ....

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled Mom.....you did exactly what was needed.....just glad it was a bluff charge...

Re the work moose picture....I have seen this around and as we have horse's in harness, thought that it was really cool to work with a moose like that.....but if you check it out under snoopes they point out all the flaws in the picture ....turns out it's just someone really good with photoshop....

My sary moose story was when I was 16 and on a hunting trip north of LacLabiche......the proverbial went for a S... leaned my rife against a tree, then leaning agaisnt another with pants down to my ankles seem's I picked a spot inbetween a sleeping cow moose and it's calf....

When she started at me I ran the opposite dierction from the tree with my rifle.....she stopped when I got far enough away from the calf....didnt seem to funny then....but have had several gool laughs since....

Go ahead laugh ....

That's scary! still have to ......hee hee.

Top Bottom