Meals for refugees ???

Eric4Prez

Reaction score
Your an idiot. Have any of you did research on this because i cant find **** about it from the vancouver anything.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it but it's time to go postal...at what point are we going to snap and start shooting back! These politicians are just flat out screwing this country! There is no way we the people are going to survive at this rate and the fat cats are taking care of themselves.
have to be careful about what one says but I think someone needs to fire a round or two across the bow.
Any crazy gun toeting loonies out there want a project?

I don't disagree with you. The trouble is though, even if a handful of 'patriots' DID decide to raise their voices so to speak, how many of us would stand up and support them once the ball got rolling?

I bet not to many, and that is exactly why we are here, and will continue down the path.

Look at the whole Bill 6 thing. Everyone is/was up in arms. Even had some meetings. But aside from a bunch of talk, nothing happens. Because everyone is afraid to make real noise and risk loseing what they've/we've worked so hard for.

Eric4Prez

Reaction score
Read up , do a little research before you open your mouths or type your little hearts out in frustration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly the same thing the last losers to run our country were doing.

Wow. That's a lot of money. Typical liberals though, ignore the needy at home and run off to support the currently trendy international needy. They don't give a $hit about the needy, they just need to be able to brag about it at dinner parties. Send all the refugees gift cards from superstore at the rate stats Canada says the average Canadian spends monthly on food. That plus a voucher for a couple of pounds of bacon!!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'm not against humanitarian efforts, whichever form they may take. I want to see accountability with regards to quality screening for refugees and if money will be spent/loaned/given to refugees so be it but that should come out of the same overall budget that is allotted for foreign aid annually. As a country we have a foreign aid budget where we spend/loan/give money to other countries and I believe welcoming refugees should draw from that budget not be issued a new cost code as a separate line item. Its easy to cause outrage by throwing numbers around but if most people had any idea how much money is spent/wasted/floundered on other things the stand alone numbers quoted for this and that would no longer seem all that large.

That meal allowance as quoted for 25K refugees costs each Canadian $15/year... seems like a small price to pay to feed 25K people for a year.

(that said if the number is correct it is outrageous because a person can eat adequately for under $10/day, lots of Canadians currently do this out of necessity)

In contrast there were 1.45 million welfare recipients in 2014 at a cost of $550/year per Canadian.

Last edited:

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the food thing sounds like bs but still a bit shocking what our new Canadians get upon hitting the airport.

https://www.taxpayer.com/media/Refugee_Benefits(You_Asked For It_).pdf

Family of 2 adults and 4 kids would get roughly $8800 to get rolling and $580 per month per person after that ( $3480 for the family of 6 per month ). Permanent resident status immediately, where as any other immigrant takes approximately 2 years paid for themselves. Heard dental might be covered for these folks too not confirmed though. Regardless a huge fail on the part of the Feds, 4 million refugees have been displaced by Isis, Canada bringing 25k is a spit in the pan. Putin has it right no refugees allowed and bomb the chit out of Isis.

Last edited:

bishopolis

Reaction score
The rate at which new anti-refugee posts ooze out of the woodwork is amazing. Who knew so many people were so susceptible to imported hatred?

You know that's what the fundamentalists who are bombing the hell out of the people - and making them refugees - want, right? You understand that hatred is what the cruel people harming and killing syrians export, right?

Please, people: take 5 seconds and google search whatever bit of hate propaganda someone shovels you, regardless as to whom it is passing it on. They may not know they're spreading hate speech, and as their friend you should tell them. Please be better friends, as that's part of Canada I've always admired when I went abroad. We're better than the dogs sending this crap.

Thanks. Came here just to say this. I'm not even in the proper demographic to own one of these toys!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rate at which new anti-refugee posts ooze out of the woodwork is amazing. Who knew so many people were so susceptible to imported hatred?

You know that's what the fundamentalists who are bombing the hell out of the people - and making them refugees - want, right? You understand that hatred is what the cruel people harming and killing syrians export, right?

Please, people: take 5 seconds and google search whatever bit of hate propaganda someone shovels you, regardless as to whom it is passing it on. They may not know they're spreading hate speech, and as their friend you should tell them. Please be better friends, as that's part of Canada I've always admired when I went abroad. We're better than the dogs sending this crap.

Thanks. Came here just to say this. I'm not even in the proper demographic to own one of these toys!
Huh so u came on here to say this, cause u googled meals for refugees??

Well I will tell u we have enough in Canada allready, and have way way to many people that live here, worked here ect that need food, clothing, housing

That are living on the streets ect, that need it first

Look after ur own before some other b.s I say

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Another bleeding heart liberal.
Go away.
Admin please delete this persons account.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very well put. Totally agree with you as it seems we make noise and nothing happens. Not sure what to say or do from here... I hate seeing us as a province or country slipping to the way side when I see government doing things that put us in a very bad position as tax payers. I know we are a country that prides itself in helping out and support others but when we have so many issues right here with schooling and hospitals not to mention the other things we could be putting out tax dollars towards to help our own.
Its one thing to help out and a nother to hand out ridiculous amount of money to people that come from nothing. Hell we can all agree we work hard for our money and I would bet non of us get this kind of $$$$ to spend on rooms or food.
im very well off in my mind and there is no way I spend 4-5k on food .REALLY..just stupid on our governments behalf.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree with you. The trouble is though, even if a handful of 'patriots' DID decide to raise their voices so to speak, how many of us would stand up and support them once the ball got rolling?

I bet not to many, and that is exactly why we are here, and will continue down the path.

Look at the whole Bill 6 thing. Everyone is/was up in arms. Even had some meetings. But aside from a bunch of talk, nothing happens. Because everyone is afraid to make real noise and risk loseing what they've/we've worked so hard for.
Sorry forgot to quote posts. Please read my last reply.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's too bad that farmers couldn't afford to take a year off to show the Alberta government how much money lost they would see

Seeing as the oil field is slow, farming is the next big income, where would they be then??

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read up , do a little research before you open your mouths or type your little hearts out in frustration.

Are you a school teacher or work for a govement agency. Enough said if so. Thanks for your input. A tax dollar collected from a govement worker is money just coming from one hand and pasted back to another. There is a big diffrance in earning a dollar and collecting one.
Perhaps we as citizens of this country should get a tax credit in the amount equivalent to what's being put out here.... Just think of all the extra money we would have to spend and put back into the system...this is an example of money just spinning form on hand to another, it's not money earned or made.
some where down the line here its going to be a bad thing.

Last edited:

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's too bad that farmers couldn't afford to take a year off to show the Alberta government how much money lost they would see

Seeing as the oil field is slow, farming is the next big income, where would they be then??

Aman! My last post is this exactly. Mining,farming,oil,logging,construction,manufacturing,fishing...etc, any time you take something from nothing your making money...earning money. Refuges that get tax brakes and handouts then spend it does not contribute to the income of this country. Any time you take a tax dollar and flip it into the system it just rotates like a ball. Still the more people that pull from this the harder the money makers have to work just to keep are governments in the lifestyle spending there acustom too. Hence our dept. if there is so many people paying tax why is it that we keep going backwards.?
sorrytex78 got off track thinking of another post a Page back.ugh I'm done .

vandug

Reaction score
What do you think we are paying just for meals for these people?

This morning’s Vancouver Sun states that Syrian refugees will be paid a meal allowance per person per day of $15 for breakfast, $16 for lunch, and $30 for dinner by the Federal Government. Thus, a typical family with four kids will receive $186/day or $5,580/month for meals alone, and this from a government that somehow cannot afford more than about $1100/month for all expenses for pensioners.

No wonder that the government is now admitting that this year’s deficitwill be higher than the pre-election figure of $10 billion, but perhaps $25
billion!! As I have previously commented, “Hold on to your wallets”, the Liberals are back in town. For those of you seduced by the promises of “sunny ways”, reality is here, and we can look forward to higher taxes and a bigger overall debt.

Does anyone ever fact check?? I just went to the Vancouver Sun website and looked at every article on Syrian reugees dating back to December 1 and I could find nothing about this whatsoever....... It makes me wonder about how far people will really go to spread hate....... Please keep in mind that mixing fear with lies will only lead to racism.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone ever fact check?? I just went to the Vancouver Sun website and looked at every article on Syrian reugees dating back to December 1 and I could find nothing about this whatsoever....... It makes me wonder about how far people will really go to spread hate....... Please keep in mind that mixing fear with lies will only lead to racism.
Well Doug you just can't read.
Or use Google.
Thanks for coming out.

Top Bottom