Mcbride Gas Stations

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Side note on gasolines..... Petro-canada, and the other big 2 do not use any ethanol at present.... It is being tested down east, as it is supposed to be legislation for small blends of ethanol only, by 2010(although doubted it will proceed, because ethanol is so dry, it affects seals/gaskets etc in the big tanker trucks -- refinery manager told me that after 4 trips of hauling ethanol, the seals/gaskets in the tankers are all damaged/dried up-- so would it really be more environmentally safe? DOUBTFUL)..... Husky and mohawk are the only 2 retailers to sell ethanol blends, and they used to be 5% blend and now they are 10% blend, maximum. Ethanol does not affect octane boost at all. Petro-canada and most refineries use methanol as a gas line anti-freeze, and p/can adds a tactrol blend too.

Just thought ya might want to know.........

Thanks SR thats good to know the true facts on the topic.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summit - What detrimental effect does Ethanol have on 2-stroke engines? If there is damage from ethanol fuel is it from long term use or is it okay to throw in a couple tanks for a weekend? (read: this weekend and the McBride Husky - only gas station)

We dont have a ton of jerry cans so we cant pack our own fuel with us.

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind guys is that the fuel/air ratio for gas is 14/1 while ethanol is
28/1. That means you need to burn twice as much ethanol than gas to maintain the proper combustion ratio. In boosted applications, the ethanol can cause the engine to lean out on the top end because it is replacing gas with only 50% of what the engine requires.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summit - What detrimental effect does Ethanol have on 2-stroke engines? If there is damage from ethanol fuel is it from long term use or is it okay to throw in a couple tanks for a weekend? (read: this weekend and the McBride Husky - only gas station)

We dont have a ton of jerry cans so we cant pack our own fuel with us.
Well it would help to know what you are riding for 1, but I seen my brother with a triple piped and ported sled burn husky gas and is still running and two you have had two mechanics giving you the advise your looking for on your question.
Here is a link that explains the fuel and make you own decision.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spoke with a guy at Cycleworks who said all gas stations (save Shell or Esso he wasnt sure which one) put a % of ethanol in their gas as a winterizing additive to prevent gas freezing.

I ride and 08 Dragon and he said its setup from the factory to run on a blend no more than 10%. I filled up at Petro-Can all last year and i know they have a winter-agent in their gas. So far so good.

Guess i will be ok.

:beer:

As i mentioned previously in this thread. 08 Dragon stock.
Just trying to make 100% sure i will be ok running the Husky gas, as i just started sledding last year and dont know much about fuels and hence dont want to FuK anything up on my sled (the wife wont let me buy another one if i wreck this one).

Your Husky link refers to vehicle engines, not two strokes.
But all the same the Ethanol blend seems fine for my Equinox and im saving the environment !:d

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to put your mind at ease that you wont mess anythig up there are two '08 rmk 700's in the shop for tune up's right now that have over 1500k on them and they have only had husky gas ran thru them as well there is a guy in town that runs a sled tour company and he runs straight husky premium and no issues.. All of the new '09 rental sleds that our shop is getting will be ran on straight husky premium and i feel perfectly safe running it in them.. So you will be good to go..

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As i mentioned previously in this thread. 08 Dragon stock.
Just trying to make 100% sure i will be ok running the Husky gas, as i just started sledding last year and dont know much about fuels and hence dont want to FuK anything up on my sled (the wife wont let me buy another one if i wreck this one).

Your Husky link refers to vehicle engines, not two strokes.
But all the same the Ethanol blend seems fine for my Equinox and im saving the environment !:d

Ahh yes it does, you didn't read all of it than, don't worry about it the dragon will be fine.

New models of snowmobiles are built similarly to Flexible Fuel Vehicles and can handle a wide variety of fuels, including ethanol-blended gasoline. Always check your owner's manual before changing fuel types.

Top Bottom