massive crash Mar 21/13

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't believe how many vehicles I saw today from Edmonton to Calgary travelling 130 on bare pavement but once they got to snow covered pavement they would slam on the brakes!!!! Then wonder why they go into a skid ??

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It all happened due to tail-gating sheep...the worse the weather the more people act like sheep.

...somewhat off topic...why does virtually nobody keep right unless passing on QE2? And the majority of the time when it opens up to 3 lanes the far right lane is totally empty.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It all happened due to tail-gating sheep...the worse the weather the more people act like sheep.

...somewhat off topic...why does virtually nobody keep right unless passing on QE2? And the majority of the time when it opens up to 3 lanes the far right lane is totally empty.

It's not just on the 2 that people left lane it.

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys and your buck whatever on cruise control winter roads. Now thats scary chit. Slow down and turn the cc off is a good place to start.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys and your buck whatever on cruise control winter roads. Now thats scary chit. Slow down and turn the cc off is a good place to start.
what's the difference between winter roads and summer roads? aren't they the same road?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: massive crash

A trucker using cruise control with snowy conditions ??? sounds safe to me ? Wake UP ! turn that ch!t off when the roads are slippy .
lol....so if there is snow falling but not causing slippery conditions I should turn it off?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love that term....black ice. it must be the devil, no one is able to see it until they wipe out

can get ya totally by suprise. don't recommend it to anyone, not good for mix either i think.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Biggest problems i have seen is driving way to slow going up the hills, and then too fast coming down the hills, coupled by no way of controlling the vehical is something bad does happen, which it will. They usually take out someone else on their toboggan ride with the brakes all locked up.

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Teeroy - i mean winter driving conditions compact snow, ice, slush. I had my cc on yesterday dry pavement. Pretty scary if someone is driving with cc in those conditions...only a matter of time before you go for a ride and endanger everyone else on the road. If u look at those pics of the pile up..if u r in conditions like that with ur cc on im sorry but imo that is retarded and irresponsible.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Teeroy - i mean winter driving conditions compact snow, ice, slush. I had my cc on yesterday dry pavement. Pretty scary if someone is driving with cc in those conditions...only a matter of time before you go for a ride and endanger everyone else on the road. If u look at those pics of the pile up..if u r in conditions like that with ur cc on im sorry but imo that is retarded and irresponsible.
meh, situational awareness. plowing down the road with cruise on oblivious to your surroundings is retarded, which most drivers on the road nowadays seem to be...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tunes cranked, using phone, talking, typing, drinking, eating, playing with the dog. reading the paper/magazine. y a wonder how there are not more killed.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drive 1000km a week using 4x4 (if its icy) with the cruise on all winter never had a problem and never been in the ditch. People hit the ditch cause they are shitty drivers not because they have cruise on or use 4x4 etc etc.

Sent from my Note2

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I drive 1000km a week using 4x4 (if its icy) with the cruise on all winter never had a problem and never been in the ditch. People hit the ditch cause they are shitty drivers not because they have cruise on or use 4x4 etc etc.

Sent from my Note2

Gonna have to agree. Put on a couple million miles without an incident so I must have a small clue what I'm doing.

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see how a system that is designed to accelerate hard when loses traction and you have to hit the brakes to disengage makes a lot of sense to use on ice traveling at speeds of 120-130kph (last time i was in Alberta seemed to be the average highway speeds). :confused:

Beating a dead horse i think...gonna leave this one now :beer:

Top Bottom