March Conditions

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
parking lot at 2 km just past the bridge has been plowed and is good to park. the only problem is that the road to it is narrow so hope nobody is leaving when everyone is coming in.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Renshaw today. Snow conditions were good 1-2 feet untracked most areas even close to cabin. Really bad wind loading on certain ridges and faces. A guy in our group triggered a fairly large Avalanche trying to go through the saddle. Fortunately he out rode it and ran his sled into the rocks on a mound in the middle of the pass. Be careful ppl. This could have been much worst. No pics as visibility was no good.
the saddle is very dangerous right now. there is a chance that both sides are primed to let loose. not a good place to be, alot of load with all the new snow.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the saddle is very dangerous right now. there is a chance that both sides are primed to let loose. not a good place to be, alot of load with all the new snow.

Hey Barry If you happen to be by there after it lets go can you post up some Pics. We were at the Ladder Feb 25th and watched some clowns pound on the saddle bowl. I just want some pics to show the Newbies I had with me why I chose not to ride there.

Thanks

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Barry If you happen to be by there after it lets go can you post up some Pics. We were at the Ladder Feb 25th and watched some clowns pound on the saddle bowl. I just want some pics to show the Newbies I had with me why I chose not to ride there.

Thanks
i would but i am on the injured list for at least 2 weeks.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jumped off sled trailer, landed hard on toes, ripped tendons and lig on bottom of foot. stupit at my age, the jumping part not the sled'n part

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey pipes, we'll probably be up renshaw on Friday. I'll take some pics if it dropped.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jumped off sled trailer, landed hard on toes, ripped tendons and lig on bottom of foot. stupit at my age, the jumping part not the sled'n part

that's what happens when you listen to the teenager within. Hope you heal as fast as that teenager within.

robbymartin2002

Reaction score
Anybody have any reports on bell? Was going to head up this morning

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rain and snow all the way from blue river to Edmonton just now. Heavy wet snow.

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Renshaw yesterday and there was good snow to be found. anywhere Cabin elevation or lower was wet and heavy. powdery and dry up higher if the wind didnt get to it. Trail was incredible all things considered. Parking moved to just past the bridge at KM2

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be fine just don't sleep in if its busy. Lots of room but once its full its full.

• Thanks

dustrg1128

Reaction score
Does anyone know what horsey creek is like for snow?
Maybe going there on the 12th and just want to know how muddy it will be from the parking lot.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom