Make my Renegade like the Mountains

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a 08 renx with a 144 skid from a 03.5 summitx with a\ 146 08 800 track no ex on tunnel , clutched, geared and enjoy fun sled.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this a complete set up with all shocks and wheels etc? What model did it com from?

should be all there.... just not asmbed [ shocks ect not on the skid ] ...

came from a 04 summit x 144

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a 08 renx with a 144 skid from a 03.5 summitx with a\ 146 08 800 track no ex on tunnel , clutched, geared and enjoy fun sled.
Is your set up basically what tex78 has got for sale?
What did you change on the clutching and gears?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

im not going to say forsure for him but a 03.5 is the same set up as a 04 as the rear track and skid goes

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya texs is right he's got what you need and good price , my gearing is 19-47 change to summit secondary spring and ramps my set up probly diffrent then most because i'm a sit down rider,but if you want my set up p.m me .get those parts from tex, you shouldn't need dove tail I'LL try post picks monday.I'm going on a 13hour road trip.trygstad 872 is waiting in stewart,IT REALLY FEELS LIKE CHRISTMAS NOW.

Last edited:

buffalorider

Reaction score
Hey I also had mine geared 19-47 when it was a 144. Stock is 19-45

Sent from my cool I phone

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thanks to everyone for the advice - your combined experience changed my mind... I'm 'changing the track'. Going to 144x16x2 - and I haven't even rode in the mountains with it yet. It was under $500 to do the change to an almost new track and skid and I will still have the original one to put back on if/when I decide to sell it.I'm sure I will be back to this fountain of knowledge after the Christmas break with a whole lot more questions. Merry Christmas to you all and hope you find the snow you are looking for over the holidays!

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I rode the Renegade over Christmas but only on Tie Lake in BC. Didn't have time to go over to the Fernie riding areas as I wanted to put the Pilot 6.9's on and also the 144 skid and 2" track.
Finally got around to start to do the skid and track changeover today and I'm not sure if this is going to work when I look at it. The skid is supposed to be from a 04 Summit X. I will try to attach a picture of what I'm looking at and hopefully get some advice
. IMG_2016.jpg

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One more showing the front. Also if you look at the previous picture the one rear wheel is not touching the shop floor. Will this square up when bolted to the tunnel or is this a problem?
IMG_2022.jpg

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure all the bolts are tight and check that nothing is bent. Could be a number of reasons why the rear wheels aren't touching but as long as the rails are straight I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Also, make sure you track isn't too loose or too tight. Only thing I'd be concerned about is the lug heigth, going from 1.25" to a 2" the lugs might rub on the tunnel. If they do, a set of drop brackets should fix that easily enough. Make sure your limiter strap is not too tight or steering will be hard due to excessive ski pressure.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to tackle this myself. I had a sled mechanic look at the skid and he said all was good and straight and that it would work fine in my application.
So unless there is a someone who wants to come over and help I'll be the guy cussing and swearing in the shop for the next few evenings. Plus now I have the starting, battery light flashing, beeper beeping problem to deal with...

toshy

Reaction score
Taking the sway bar off will make it easier to side hill / turn in pow. Cheapest / best mod you can do!!! The 600 lacks a little power but the extra few inchs of travel up front and wider ski stance means you can hit the bumps at the bottom of the climps with a little more speed. My GF has 600sdi renagade with 2" 136 and loves it in the deep stuff. Just watch the realays they (and the battery) seam to cause alot of problems. But at $6 each a napa cheep to replace, always carry spares. Oh swap the skis for some bigger ones we have the pilots off a summit they work great. good luck

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh yea get a 2or 3 inch handle bar riser it will make a world of difference.

Thanks for all the good info. I just replaced the battery which was causing all kinds of goofiness. All good now.
I've got Pilot 6.9s and will have a 2" x 144 on there soon. Also will do the gearing - I don't need a sled that does 105mph!
I have been looking at the sway bar and trying to think of a way to do a quick disconnect or an easy trailside adjustment mechanism.

So the last thing after that will be the riser. What riser did you use? I don't think that the factory windshield works with a riser.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like i'm a bit late to this one but i'll add for future reference. Get the Mod Skis, they are an amazing ski that will make riding your sled a lot more fun. It's like adding power steering and they float on deep snow like nobody's business.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good info. I just replaced the battery which was causing all kinds of goofiness. All good now.
I've got Pilot 6.9s and will have a 2" x 144 on there soon. Also will do the gearing - I don't need a sled that does 105mph!
I have been looking at the sway bar and trying to think of a way to do a quick disconnect or an easy trailside adjustment mechanism.

So the last thing after that will be the riser. What riser did you use? I don't think that the factory windshield works with a riser.

there is a quick disconnect kit for the sway bar,,, there are alot of different risers out there i have a RSI but will be replacing it for it slides on me..... i have my windshield still mounted so it will work

Top Bottom