Made it to the kootenay! Who's riding this weekend?

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy and I made it to Christina lake a few days ago...

Needless to say .. I'm dying to go ride!

anyone riding around castlegar / rossland / anywhere near christina lake this weekend that would like to show us around a little ?

cheerio

:i_need_snow:

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Ryan,

Just sent you an email about your CSA Membership... 24 mile is close to home for you (At the summit parking lot on the Blueberry Poulson). The trail is groomed, passes by a bunch of cutblocks, and mellow play areas... Should be pretty safe for avy conditions, and very easy to find your way around :)

I'll be collecting trail passes at the Castlegar Club parking lot on Saturday, but I would be happy to point you in the direction of the Shaw cabin and our trail system... I'll have time to do a little beacon practice with you too if you like.

Pillowydrops

Reaction score
Vancouver, BC (Christina Lake this Winter)
Hey Ryan,

Just sent you an email about your CSA Membership... 24 mile is close to home for you (At the summit parking lot on the Blueberry Poulson). The trail is groomed, passes by a bunch of cutblocks, and mellow play areas... Should be pretty safe for avy conditions, and very easy to find your way around :)

I'll be collecting trail passes at the Castlegar Club parking lot on Saturday, but I would be happy to point you in the direction of the Shaw cabin and our trail system... I'll have time to do a little beacon practice with you too if you like.

Thanks Amy! The guy above is actually Payam, the guy I moved out here with. Would love to meet up on Saturday, where abouts would we find the Castlegar Club parking lot? When are you planning on getting out there?

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be up there early in the am... 8:00 ish.

So head over to Castlegar, and start heading North on Pass Creek Road.

Google Map

About 8 km up you will see a road on your left. It is Herrts Road, also called Goose Creek Forest Service Road. Head up there 2.5km or so, about 300 yards past the bridge is the main parking lot. I will be there with your passes :)

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Good to meet you yesterday... Just curious how your ride went, and how you liked the area?

I hope it all went well for you!

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Good to meet you yesterday... Just curious how your ride went, and how you liked the area?

I hope it all went well for you!

Hey Amy .. It was nice meeting you too !

We had a blast, perfect conditions .. ended up playing around in the trees after the airport..

We rode 24 mile @ paulson today had another sweet bluebird day for sure !

I'm liking all the different riding areas around .. hope go explore more and get more of my coastal friends out here this season !

We'll see if we can ditch work this week and either get back out to castle or try to explore the cascades a bit.. loving the snow out here!

See you around !

Cheers

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing fancy .. just playing with my contour cam

gorgeous bluebird day sunday @ 24 mile
[YT]v=pDtyZJgI44Y[/YT]

I go for a tumble at 1:00
[YT]v=jkg4fjW_j2M[/YT]

might head out to the cascades tomorrow if the sun peaks out

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool! Looks like you guys had a blast... Here's a little pull of mine in the Toilet bowl up Ladybird with my Gopro. Not Bluebird, but still a nice day... Gotta love fresh lines!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQfBVaMQ8bo[/YT]

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice vid Amy :)

That area you sent us was fun to play in.. but I need to find some hills to climb (and perhaps ski back down) soon !!

Perhaps we'll come check out ladybird this weekend.. are you going to be riding ?

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ladybird has a lot of good climbing, and some excellent tree riding. Less flat and open than the Club side. You can get to Ladybird from the same parking lot as you went to last time... Just keep following the trail. Or you can head up Norns Road about 4 km and park there. Norns is the last road before Herrts. Just make sure that you take a right at 11km.

I will be riding, but I have some lady friends coming up for a road trip, so it's a girls' weekend for me. Maybe we'll run into you :)

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ladybird has a lot of good climbing, and some excellent tree riding. Less flat and open than the Club side. You can get to Ladybird from the same parking lot as you went to last time... Just keep following the trail. Or you can head up Norns Road about 4 km and park there. Norns is the last road before Herrts. Just make sure that you take a right at 11km.

I will be riding, but I have some lady friends coming up for a road trip, so it's a girls' weekend for me. Maybe we'll run into you :)

What's the best bet for Vis ?

looks like it's going to be a socked in weekend !

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tough call... We are probably going to stick to the tight trees. Better to have some colour in the background in flat light ;)

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were out Saturday and Sunday... Here's a few pics from Sunday morning.

IMG_5759.jpg

IMG_5792.jpg

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice shots !!

I don't have anything spectacular to add ... turned out to be a bit of a solo / random mission on Sunday for me .. played around on the club side in the trees a bunch in the late morning (took the wrong turn up the trail and ended up in some very good looking tree turns for a while!!!)

Met some people at the cabin and by the time Tim and I decided to venture off to the ladybird side it was getting a bit late and socked in.

I'm definitely bringing extra gas next blue bird day and hope someone can show me around a little more :)

Might hit up a weekday / afternoon ride at 24 mile or cascades .. probably a solo mission unless there are some weekday warriors around !

Attachments

• FILE0026.MOV_snapshot_00.29_[2011.01.31_21.33.11].jpg
    FILE0026.MOV_snapshot_00.29_[2011.01.31_21.33.11].jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 126

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Chief,
I think you met Francine up there at the cabin right?
PM me, we'll trade phone numbers- I got some random but consistent days off this winter. We should rip!

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Steph .. I sent you a PM a few days ago . let me know if you got it (it's not in my sent foldrer .. I might've failed at the internet !!!)

In Fernie now .. had a SOLID day at the resort, deep pow turns and big smiles all day long .. going to fire up the machines on the weekend for sure though.

Top Bottom