looking for sled for wife

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to de-rail the thread but I have honestly thought about this as well. Probably a market for it. I got lucky-my chick loves the outdoors!!

Been looking around at used sleds for her as well. Was thinking about just getting an S-Chassis Summit 670 with a 151 track cuz she is pretty short, and they are pretty cheap and reliable sleds. She has never been in the real mountains and isn't sure she will like it yet either.
However getting an older M6 or M8 with at least a 151 is another good option based on reviews that I have read from women who ride. Cat's seem to be the favourite among the ladies.
i was also thinking the same about the 670 summits. couple around for sale with reverse. had a couple and they were pretty reliable.

snowbuster

Reaction score
I bought wifey a 2011 summit 600etech , the track is only a 146" but the electric start was a good bonus. When I ride it it likes to "right" itself but when she rides it she feels it is more stable. Super light 428 lbs dry, starts better than any machine to date, and hasn't had any issues. An 800 has its benefits but a rookie rider may feel less intimidated when the machine isn't "ripping out of my hands" which is what she says when trying out my m8.

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say bigger is better. If you don't know if they will like sledding then rent a sled a couple times. Maybe different model each time to give her a variety of choices. Don't buy her junk. that doesn't make her have a healthy relationship with the sledding industry or you!

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh man, I was going to ask for pictures of the wife, she has to be pretty nice if I am going to trade a sled for her.

Guess I misread the title.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say bigger is better. If you don't know if they will like sledding then rent a sled a couple times. Maybe different model each time to give her a variety of choices. Don't buy her junk. that doesn't make her have a healthy relationship with the sledding industry or you!

Good advice here you some day she will ride your sled and after that you will be riding the old out dated sled you bought her and she will be riding yours. Been there don that.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you get a 670 make sure and get the x model, way more power and greater fuel range. They also make a higher seat for it and it will ride just like the new ones.

670rugerboy

Reaction score
Had a 670x for my wife. She's 5 foot and a buck twenty. Not a good sled for her. 136 and lots of power was not very forgiving. Put her on a M6 153, way more forgiving in the snow, up or down the hills. She is way happier on it and i get to ride my m1000 instead of trading with her. Happy wife = Happy life.

Top Bottom