Looking for a mechanic in Fort McMurray or Edmonton or anywhere in between

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for someone who takes pride in their work. I just need help with a few things. Main thing being I need to take the 8" lift out of my truck and throw it in the garbage. I can semi do most of the work myself but I don't have a garage anymore so, I am willing to pay someone to do it for me and pay decent money.

Burns

Reaction score
My brother is a mechanic in Edmonton. I'll check to see if he would be interested.

Burns

Reaction score
Sorry - he said he doesn't have a lot of time right now.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you feel like travelling to barrhead, which isn't really on the way i guess, there's 2 mechanics i would highly recommend.
Deruiter Automotive and reliance automotive. both are are on hwy 18 through town.
i've used both. Neither will waste your money like some places seem to by replacing in parts that weren't even broken:rolleyes: had that before.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious...... What is the average shop rate up in fort mac now?? I lived up there many many years ago.....

Hmmm usually $160-$220/hour.

Not a fan of shops, find that half the time I know as much or more than they do. I just don't have the garage or tools up here right now and I would rather pay someone that cared about what they were doing

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go see summitric i am sure he will do a good job for you.... he has for me....thanks again ric truck is still running just other problems now lol

BirdieO

Reaction score
This is going to sound totally backwards but I would recommend Ponoka Chrysler...don't normally recommend dealerships for anything BUT the guys at Ponoka are really, really good. They are experienced with lifts/suspension systems and overall are a very fare dealership in every way. They buy a tonne of suspension systems from us...Oh and I guess the GM is an alright guy too:p...Neil McLaren (NM on here) is the GM

Top Bottom