Long Lake Area

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i talked to Catpride and he's gonna leave his cabin at about 9-10,so i'll probaby pass Happy's around 9 and get to CP's place by 9:30,leave by 10.If i see your truck at the store at the time i pass i'll stop in quickly.

were probably going to be a little behind you but headed where you guy's are headed , hopefully we meet up

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where does a guy put them up in Boyle?

the co-op gas bar , the motel accross the street , boyle auto it's outside on main street , skeleton has a board when you pull in I think , happys at long lake , it will only take you 5 min to hit all of them

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might just have to do that.Thanks

if you do leave a couple extra one's at happy's , it outside , I have to go to grassland later that evening , will put up a couple for you out there , lots of fort mac traffic at the flying j , some still have jobs up there

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well wally from Calgary started the thread to see if there was good snow still up in the area. Wally I'm pleased to tell you that there is plenty of snow still up in the area. I rode east of Long Lake and east of Hanmore lake last weekend and we were in knee high to waist deep snow in some areas. If you choose to ride the pipeline as most people do the pipeline is still in good shape. They are calling for 5cm of snow up there this week. I will be heading up Friday night and will ride Saturday and Sunday. My best guess if you choose to ride east of Newbrook and to hit the pipeline should take you approx. 30-45 mins. I will be riding with my 13 yr old son and my father this weekend. If you are interested in hooking up shoot me a PM.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya still lots of good riding , little rough in spots ,getting down to the wire on weekends left :beer::beer::beer:

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well wally from Calgary started the thread to see if there was good snow still up in the area. Wally I'm pleased to tell you that there is plenty of snow still up in the area. I rode east of Long Lake and east of Hanmore lake last weekend and we were in knee high to waist deep snow in some areas. If you choose to ride the pipeline as most people do the pipeline is still in good shape. They are calling for 5cm of snow up there this week. I will be heading up Friday night and will ride Saturday and Sunday. My best guess if you choose to ride east of Newbrook and to hit the pipeline should take you approx. 30-45 mins. I will be riding with my 13 yr old son and my father this weekend. If you are interested in hooking up shoot me a PM.

Well we had a great time around Long Lake on the weekend but unfortunately didn't get to hook up with CatPride due to unforeseen happenings. Was just getting into some nice trails on Sat and lost my drive chain so had to get towed out. Sun we got into some nice trails east of Newbrook and then up to the top of Long Lake. There is still a ton of snow in some places but also a lot of bare patches. By buds place had a field out back that was about 20 acres of 1-2' powder to play in. I know a lot more about my sled now and also how to fix it. Thanks to Tom for all his efforts.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we had a great time around Long Lake on the weekend but unfortunately didn't get to hook up with CatPride due to unforeseen happenings. Was just getting into some nice trails on Sat and lost my drive chain so had to get towed out. Sun we got into some nice trails east of Newbrook and then up to the top of Long Lake. There is still a ton of snow in some places but also a lot of bare patches. By buds place had a field out back that was about 20 acres of 1-2' powder to play in. I know a lot more about my sled now and also how to fix it. Thanks to Tom for all his efforts.

Wally, next time we will hook up. I will come and get you guys. We will be riding up there for the next two weekends so if your coming up let me know.

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wally, next time we will hook up. I will come and get you guys. We will be riding up there for the next two weekends so if your coming up let me know.

Won't be up until next year Tom. Thanks for the offer and maybe next year we will just drive up to Boyle or your place and go from there. We had a great time anyways and learned a little more about my sled. I had it up to 135 kmph. at the top end of Long Lake where it was nice and smooth. We found a small spur of the pipeline there but I think the biggest problem was a ridge between Long Lake and the pipeline that didn't have any snow left on it. Here's a few pics from the weekend --one from Long Lake where I broke down and a few more from that night and also backrest I made for my wife along with the seat I bought. It worked great on the packed trails but was useless in 1' of powder.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Top Bottom