Lithium Batteries

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Says they just came out with a new snowmobile specific one, $100 less too

Travco28

Reaction score
I use EarthX on my xm . works good no problems . I had too pull-start when supper cold on way home from windchill -35 . not a big deal. Some say it will work if you wake it up by just hitting the start switch a bit then give it a few seconds and then it will go when that cold . . I just pull start it .

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use EarthX on my xm . works good no problems . I had too pull-start when supper cold on way home from windchill -35 . not a big deal. Some say it will work if you wake it up by just hitting the start switch a bit then give it a few seconds and then it will go when that cold . . I just pull start it .

X2.....

t300

Reaction score
Mine is good on my 14 xm. Unless it’s colder than -15c then pull is required.

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2 friends that use them, but the big downside is longevity as neither has gotten more than 2 years out of a battery.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bin there done that crap
really light so really cool ,
but I had to get warranty twice as they said I got water in the
first one some how ?? I guess the pow was to deep .
same shxt happens to the next one and they would not warranty the new one year old battery
cuz they don’t give u warranty on a warranty battery Wtf

It’s just junk that will not last unless they take out that so called smart chip in the top

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bin there done that crap
same shxt happens to the next one and they would not warranty the new one year old battery

It’s just junk that will not last unless they take out that so called smart chip in the top

Almost my exact same story. They are not water tight and get a drop of moisture in the wrong spot in there and done because of the electronics. The second one died mid ride. One moment perfect, the next zero. They weren't going to give me warranty until l said l wanted it back (so l could cut it open), then they coughed one up but no more warranty. Oddly enough that one had no issues. Now it sits on the shelf as l couldn't get e-start on the Alpha.

spikeydave

Reaction score
I just bought one from battery boss in red deer. Cost was $160. Pretty cheap to try it out have pull back up if something goes wrong.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bin there done that crap

What model? ETZ14C?

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had one on sidewinder last couple years was sealed under seat threw it in and never touched it fired up every time

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2 friends that use them, but the big downside is longevity as neither has gotten more than 2 years out of a battery.

Was gonna say the same thing, my buddy has them on all his sleds and I had one on a 14 m8, he has had to replace them both after a little more than a year, he always stores his sleds in his enclosed so they are always cold which may be why, mine lasted 2 full seasons but after sitting in the garage all summer it would not go for what would of been its 3rd season, would not charge at all.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$160 is not bad and that was a earthx ?
, I had to pay $350 or more at the time
I can’t remember the model number I had it was 2years ago

has any one found a straight lithium battery that’s a sled size ?
the stock lead ones are really heavy

BCviking

Reaction score

i have been running that model of Earth X this season on my XM , I like it so far weighs nothing . As for cold starts I did start my sled (barely) in -20 after being hauled on my truck for a hour with no cover . better than i thought a lithium would do, but any colder would probably be a no go for that first start . Also its smaller than a stock battery so you have to use the supplied foam shims to get it in the right position , used some zip ties to really secure it too . I think they make a model with the exact dimensions of the stock battery too but its more money. Between the earthx and a GGB can i put on i lost some serious noticeable weight on my sled .

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had one in my ‘17, never again, wouldn’t start if it was below -5, smaller than factory so have to use the stupid foam shims and to top off mine cracked after three trips and I couldn’t get warranty. Rope and shot for me from now on

Top Bottom