Limestone lookout road

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wanted a little info on this road, apox how far south on the trunk from 591 (road west of caroline) is the turnoff? is it marked/gated? could you pull a camper up it and how far north does it run on the west side of Limestone? I don't want to go up to the lookout, where does the road Y off at?

thanks- looking for a quiet getaway with some family, i like the whole cutoff ck area...

thanks

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't been out there in a couple years but you can't miss the turnoff the trunk road. It should say Limestone compressor station and is a few km south of the James Wilson campground. From there you can follow the signs up to lm6 which gets you as close as you can get to the lookout in a vehicle. If you keep left at the intersection for Lm6 you can follow the road out under the lookout under to the two Clearwater wells above Rocky Creek if you're familiar with the cut off creek area you should know what I'm talking about. Good luck... as I said I haven't been out in a couple years so some things may be different or locked up now.

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's about 18-20 km south of where 584 hits the trunk road. From there turn right for approx 8 kms and then left for another 20 kms. There is a gate buts it's always been opened when I'm out there.

Top Bottom