Life of aftermarket can

Jsymes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long typically should a guy run and aftermarket can before changing it out. Are there any signs that it's not working properly. I've got 3500 km on my current can, wondering if I should look at replacing it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 1800km on my MBRP trail can and it is starting to bark pretty bad now at WOT, I'm going to finish running it this year and maybe this fall then replace it with something else.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most cans have packing that breaks down and blows out over time. Gives you that hollow sound. Only baffled cans I know of are SLP and Diamond S. MBRP usually crack before they wear the packing out lol.

Jsymes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is starting to get pretty deafening at WOT, maybe it's close to time for a new one. It's a tss tunnel dump

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is starting to get pretty deafening at WOT, maybe it's close to time for a new one. It's a tss tunnel dump

Starting to get pretty deafening at WOT????? It wasn't that way when it was new??? LOL

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a sled shed cooker can with 1000km on it, it was pretty quiet when I got it, not so much anymore, think I may go back to stock or try to find something as quiet as stock, sure would miss the cooker though.

Jsymes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not to me, still sounds nice to me, just notice it getting louder over time lol

Giver800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was not aware that a can wears out and loses its baffling over time. I guess this would explain why my sled sounds so much louder than my dads and brothers sled when we all have the same can lol. I find it too loud at certain rpm and what kind of area we are riding and sometimes wonder if I should change it to something else quieter.

Top Bottom