Lets See You XM

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forgot to ask you saturday Maxwell. Do you notice any difference from the 13 to the 14?

Yup. It seems a bit more powerful they made some programming,injector and clutch calibration changes. Handwarmers are awesome. But other than that it handles and rides exactly like the 13. Not much else changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup. It seems a bit more powerful they made some programming,injector and clutch calibration changes. Handwarmers are awesome. But other than that it handles and rides exactly like the 13. Not much else changed.

Good to know finally got the call. Pic her up wednesday.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some guy on I think Snowest said they can't do the ECU updates to make a 2013 the same as a 2014 because it is different hardware.

That said, I rode with a new 2014 this year and he was doing catwalks I've never seen an XM do, so this extra power thing might be legit.

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be interesting to find out for sure or if its an update we can do by changing this hardware if that's the case.

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some guy on I think Snowest said they can't do the ECU updates to make a 2013 the same as a 2014 because it is different hardware.

That said, I rode with a new 2014 this year and he was doing catwalks I've never seen an XM do, so this extra power thing might be legit.
quite a few variables that would allow that. Hanging the skis doesn't always mean HP

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My XM was close to doing this last year i could walk it but struggled since it was a 163" But my buddies 146" XM could walk a quarter section without the skis touching the ground!

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya my 163 with the 3"camo draggs bumper everywhere with that track and makes it look very powerful in the trees the way it stands up, if it was a 154 it would be even crazier looking , I think this more power in the14s is all hear say, some cluching changes maybe but if they changed ecu and injector calibrations like some say im sure more ppl would know about it, or they would of mentioned it at the 14 unveiling along with its other changes. my opinion though

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya my 163 with the 3"camo draggs bumper everywhere with that track and makes it look very powerful in the trees the way it stands up, I think this more power in the14s is all hear say, some cluching changes maybe but if they changed ecu and injector calibrations like some say im sure more ppl would know about it, or they would of mentioned it at the 14 unveiling along with its other changes. my opinion though

They did mention the different mapping in a few different articles. Not sure where I read it but I did somewhere.

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well iv been searching a while and cant find a thing about it except on here. Im sure ill stumble upon it sooner or later

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm, theres a couple guys getting reflashes on here I found now that im talkin too, I think all the flash was for is heat grips to work at an idle though. Id just like to know if there is one so I can stay up to date. My dealer told me there isnt one at all so im still diggin

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My thoughts on the 14's being "pepper" than the 13's…It was noticeable power increase after break in on my sled last year.Now guys with there new 14's think while in breakinmode that there sled is "pepper" than what they remember there sled was last year.I doubt it! Its just so dam fun to be back on the snow with an E-tech!!!Regardless no 800 pulls as hard as a Ski-Doo!!!:cool::beer:

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My thoughts on the 14's being "pepper" than the 13's…It was noticeable power increase after break in on my sled last year.Now guys with there new 14's think while in breakinmode that there sled is "pepper" than what they remember there sled was last year.I doubt it! Its just so dam fun to be back on the snow with an E-tech!!!Regardless no 800 pulls as hard as a Ski-Doo!!!:cool::beer:

spoken like a guy with a 2013.....lol jk don't worry you still have way more power then polaris.

I did notice more snap on mine, tonight I will take both out to verify before the 2011 etec sells tomorrow.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
isn't that a tough side by side comparison a 163 and a 146….? I am not worried …basically have a 14 now that it has the new programming .LOL…

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya my 163 with the 3"camo draggs bumper everywhere with that track and makes it look very powerful in the trees the way it stands up, if it was a 154 it would be even crazier looking , I think this more power in the14s is all hear say, some cluching changes maybe but if they changed ecu and injector calibrations like some say im sure more ppl would know about it, or they would of mentioned it at the 14 unveiling along with its other changes. my opinion though

They have been changing clutching,gearing,programming, calibrations since 1997 and not telling customers. The only thing your going to here about is new features. Like tracks skids etc or if they added considerable hp

Top Bottom