leranings

gr8tdragon

Reaction score
Well everyone,

My family went for a Family Quad ride today. I had my little girl, a 4 Year old. The wife had the son, a 6 year old. My daughter weighs in at about 27 lbs. I decided that because she is such a cute shrimp, that I would put her in front of me cause the trail was a little rough. It had some mud, a few ruts but was not like the major quad rallies. Was perfect for family riding. Well was going past a set of harden deep ruts and the side of the rut collapsed under the weight of my Quad. I corrected immediately to try and ride up the rut with my new Super Grip Super Lights. Instead the ruts were deep enough to stop my quad dead. Note I was only going about 5 miles an hour. I braced myself to not hit the little one but she slid forward and her helmet smacked my hand hard. I checked her out first to ensure that she was all right, which she was. It was a different story with me. The helmet hit my hand with enough force to dislocate it, I think, I’m crazy and did not go to Doctor. This happened about an hour into our ride. I put the little one behind me as both the wife and I have Kimpex boxes, which have a seat for second passenger. We rode for another three and a half hours.

The point I trying to make is better to have the little one behind you as it hurts like hell to have a helmet smash and trap your hand between the handle bar and the helmet. And for those that say don’t take the kids, as they are too young, How are they supposed to be exposed to our sport.

PS to cure my sore hand tonight I'm already started with my first Double Martini. Nothing like six ounces to cure pain.:):)

Last edited:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Live and learn :) Another thing to them riding in the front is you always get helmet bump as their head swings back and hits you in the chest or the chin guard on your helmet.

I don't have to worry about that now that I have a rhino :)

FyreRyder

Reaction score
Last year my two boys were sitting side by side on the kimpek box. I stopped suddenly in a mud hole and my one son was small enough that he slid between the edge of the box and my leg and landed in the mud hole. He was very p#ssed with me and let everyone else know it.

Phazer Moon

Reaction score
We have a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old ride with us when we sled. The 2 yr old rides in a backpak on his Dad's back. The 4 yr old rides behind her mom. They are attached using a child riding belt. I plan to use the child riding belt this summer when I ride kids with me on the quad. I won't let anyone ride in front of me on anything. Heard too many accidents of either the child getting hurt or yourself getting hurt. The 2 yr old, turning 3 this summer, will ride with his Dad this coming season; again, using a child riding belt. Go to Trax2Treadz to see this device.

Top Bottom