LED tail/brake light install

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
A series of picture that I took while changing out the tail light assembly on a 2010 XP. I have installed an Arctic Cat LED and I'm thinking it will make the Doo purr a little better and maybe add a few ponies (sort of like adding monster stickers)!

I don't like how the stock Doo tail light sticks up above the tunnel and when we put various things on the back (snowshoes, bags, chainsaws, trail signs, etc.) they sometimes have to sit on the tail light.

A series of shots from drilling out the rivets, removing the snow flap and light, pre-bending a piece of aluminum to hold the new light, polishing same with Boydo's special polish, tail light install, cutting the tail light off the Doo snow flap and re-installing the flap.

I need some Arctic Cat info; I have 3 wires, a blue, black, and yellow. I have phoned two dealers and I can't get them to divulge the connection secret. What color is for the brake light, tail light, and the ground.

Attachments

• 100_4932.jpg
    100_4932.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 270
  • 100_4933.jpg
    100_4933.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 265
  • 100_4934.jpg
    100_4934.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 270
  • 100_4935.jpg
    100_4935.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 267
  • 100_4936.jpg
    100_4936.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 280
  • 100_4937.jpg
    100_4937.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 266
  • 100_4938.jpg
    100_4938.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 278
  • 100_4939.jpg
    100_4939.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 269

dano30

Reaction score
you did a good job! looks good. Im in the precess of changing out my factory black nose cone to a yellow nose on my 09 xp, what a job that is, should be finished tomorrow evening and will post a few pictures. once you get the exhaust,bumper,nose cone,shocks off on top there aint much to the front of them.:confused::confused:

dano30

Reaction score
You can get it at Peterbilt in Edmonton or Calgary.

By the way that tailight and flap looks better then stock i think. Good job Ferinesnow

:beer::beer::beer:

I agree looks better that stock!! next time im in edmonton i will have to stop in there and get some.

cueball115a

Reaction score
Saguenay region, mont Valin is my play ground now.
Nice job but it will never purr, it a DOO :d:d If you really want the feeling of a Cat buy a Cat. Now it like a KIA or HUNDAI, they steal everyone best ideas.

But I'm sure you will be lot safer this way, your friend will see from miles away a DOO stuck again. :d:d:d

:nono::nono::beer::nono::nono:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Nice job but it will never purr, it a DOO :d:d If you really want the feeling of a Cat buy a Cat. Now it like a KIA or HUNDAI, they steal everyone best ideas.

But I'm sure you will be lot safer this way, your friend will see from miles away a DOO stuck again.

hahahah.....the Cat thing was just to get a rise out of Cat riders...mission accomplished!!

What's this stuck thing? I don't know what you mean.....:d:d:d

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey buddy
sorry i did mine last year but i dont remember the wire color i did the slp one from rec. supply in stoon works good not as big as the cat on but im not compensating for anything. i will try and look tomorrow when its light, sled is in the trailer right now, i here you are getting some snow. got a few pics from a few guys out riding a bit there.
i wont make the first club meeting but heck its a long drive count me in for a membership again this year
good luck
giddyup

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
hey buddy
sorry i did mine last year but i dont remember the wire color i did the slp one from rec. supply in stoon works good not as big as the cat on but im not compensating for anything. i will try and look tomorrow when its light, sled is in the trailer right now, i here you are getting some snow. got a few pics from a few guys out riding a bit there.
i wont make the first club meeting but heck its a long drive count me in for a membership again this year
good luck
giddyup

It's okay buddy. I need to know the Arctic Cat colors; the black, blue and yellow. I know the doo ones but I'm a little nervous that I may screw up the light or blow some bulbs.

Yea, it's snowing! 12" at the Wrangler's cabin and the snow line is where we had our little chat last winter when I was in the SnowCat.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FS light looks good and it was good to meet you in edmonchuck on sunday question though why not just put in the doo led bought one a bow cycle south cant remember exact $ but dont think it was over 50.00

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
FS light looks good and it was good to meet you in edmonchuck on sunday question though why not just put in the doo led bought one a bow cycle south cant remember exact $ but dont think it was over 50.00

Nice to also meet you! When I bought it, my Doo dealer didn't have one. And the other thing is that this will be a conversation starter up on the hill....

"Hey, that's a nice tail light! Where did you get it?"
"Some left over AC parts that I found down in the creek!"
"Down in the creek? Which creek and was there anything else there?"
and on and on......

dano30

Reaction score
Nice to also meet you! When I bought it, my Doo dealer didn't have one. And the other thing is that this will be a conversation starter up on the hill....

"Hey, that's a nice tail light! Where did you get it?"
"Some left over AC parts that I found down in the creek!"
"Down in the creek? Which creek and was there anything else there?"
and on and on......

LOL!! thats priceless!!:d:d

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ghostriders couldnt help you out, yah i talked to some guys that were up buy the microwave the other day, get that groomer read it could be a good year, just take it easy on the ankle so we can ride together this year

giddyup

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
ghostriders couldnt help you out, yah i talked to some guys that were up buy the microwave the other day, get that groomer read it could be a good year, just take it easy on the ankle so we can ride together this year

giddyup

I have phoned those guys and because I ride a Doo, I think I get the run around. I phoned the shop in Lethbridge and they didn't know and it would take a while for them to find out?? Go figure....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
This much I know: Yellow(AC) to White(Doo) is ground; black to black and Blue(AC to Red(D00) I have a light!

I don't know if it is tail light or brake light as the brake handle doesn't engage another brightness. The light just stays the same.

I will think some more and wait for some badly need input.

Top Bottom