Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he be wryling up the duttons and other ranchers
finnally maybe rip will take gates to the train station

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The talk on power prices even here went up a lot for customers that are not in a plan. As much as 5X the price per KWH based off of demand.

All for no reason....just mimicking the rise in the spot prices south of the border, a market we don’t supply....much the same as gas prices rising here when there’s a storm in the Gulf of Mexico....I’m sure gas prices are next.... better fill up...

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The talk on power prices even here went up a lot for customers that are not in a plan. As much as 5X the price per KWH based off of demand.

i can’t wait to see our feb utilities bill, Jan well above average temps all month I was still $500, cold feb I’m expecting $700. The heat or eat thing really does apply must be tough for people on tight budgets.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
B390977D-7D25-4C18-8BB6-B6DD95C6C430.jpg Two months and it hasn’t been that cold other than the last week or so. Gotta love how bc hydro penalizes you with their tiered billing. We are totally electric though with a heat pump, HWT and some shop heat ( five degrees or so , higher when in there) Soon they will introduce time of day usage to grab more cash.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might want to rethink that heat pump, they told me i needed a 240 feed to it. Gas is cheaper right now until the Turd raises the taxes on it for his spending habits.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might want to rethink that heat pump, they told me i needed a 240 feed to it. Gas is cheaper right now until the Turd raises the taxes on it for his spending habits.
We did upgrade the electrical to 200 amp service but the only fuel source in Revelstoke has been propane ( or furnace oil) The propane is now priced equally per gigajoule with natural gas. Previously I used an oil / wood combination and the heat pump with electric furnace has been far cheaper plus AC in the summer. The best part so far is no carbon tax to the TURD and no moving wood 10 times .

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My heat pump is 30 amp (2-15 ) . The big draw is the electric furnace when temperatures drop too low for the pump to keep up. If you have an alternative heat source like natural gas I’m sure you are better off with that but of course the turd will look for any way he can to tax your heat and save the world.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The greenies will ignore all those estimates because they don’t want the negative publicity for the wind farms, and most of them own cats.

Top Bottom